Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: 88 and AQ, tough spots

[ QUOTE ]
But as I think about the hand more, you should probably be raising on the flop (and maybe even 3-betting preflop). If I do have unimproved overs on the flop you want me folding on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 88 has enough equity to warrant a 3-bet against 2-3 opponents from the sb. On the flop, I like calling for the reasons Kentock stated. The pot is too big for a raise to drive out the hands I want out(all of them), and many turn cards could crush me.

I'm still not sure about my call down after your 3-bet, I guess it's just one of those sucky spots in holdem that are hard to play well. I was sure I was beat, in which case I was drawing to 2 outs, but with 10.5BB I couldn't make the fold. Examining the hand now I really should've folded, since my effective odds were much worse (5.75-1) and there isn't really anything I'm ahead of here.

I think you were right to 3-bet the turn as opposed to wait for the river. The only way I'm putting in more than the 2 bets I give you when you 3-bet then bet river is if I fill up. Of course that assumes you know I have an overpair, which you didn't know for sure but makes the most sense for me to have.