Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Former Bush Team Member Questions WTC Collapse

Link

[ QUOTE ]
A former Bush team member during his first administration is now voicing serious doubts about the collapse of the World Trade Center on 9-11. Former chief economist for the Department of Labor during President George W. Bush's first term Morgan Reynolds comments that the official story about the collapse of the WTC is "bogus" and that it is more likely that a controlled demolition destroyed the Twin Towers and adjacent Building No. 7.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-15-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Former Bush Team Member Questions WTC Collapse

I almost posted this myself to ask where WTC conspiracy theories would be in 20 years.

Of course, this link gets my highest rating.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:13 PM

I'm no conspiracy theorist. You'll notice I added no commentary. I read it and thought I'd put it out there for others to discuss. FWIW, I have read several non-conspiracy theory pieces that question some of the simple logistics of what happened that day. While I don't see black helicopters outside my house, I think to overlook anything that questions what happened as a conspiracy theory isn't automatically the right move.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 AM

I think Bush's facial expression when hearing the news of the planes hit will counter a lot of the conspiracy theories.

By the way, do you want to know who killed JFK? Oh no, I cannot tell, then I will be next [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 06-16-2005, 03:15 AM

Yeah, I agree with you. Im iffy on the 9/11 deal, but Bush's face shows something when he's in that classroom. He looks pissed and surprised, as he didnt expect it.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:35 AM

I don't believe there's a conspiracy... but if there was, Bush wouldn't have to have been in on it.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost posted this myself to ask where WTC conspiracy theories would be in 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a sneaking suspicion that in 20 years alot of the conspiracy theories will be debunked in favor of just extreme incompetance on the part of the administration and its agencies. In fact I think that's why alot of the conspiracy theories can seem credible, they were incompetant in their attempts to hide their incompetence, and thus many holes abounded.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no conspiracy theorist. You'll notice I added no commentary. I read it and thought I'd put it out there for others to discuss. FWIW, I have read several non-conspiracy theory pieces that question some of the simple logistics of what happened that day. While I don't see black helicopters outside my house, I think to overlook anything that questions what happened as a conspiracy theory isn't automatically the right move.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want serious comment? OK, it's ridiculous. On so many levels. I really, truly hope that nobody actually believes that this nonsense is even remotely possible.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:56 PM

Not entirely. Why did NORAD stand down on 9/11? Remember when Bush and Rice said that no one had any idea that someone would fly planes into buildings? Then why was NORAD running hijacking flight simulations the morning of 9/11?

Or the NORAD deal could just be bogus.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not entirely. Why did NORAD stand down on 9/11? Remember when Bush and Rice said that no one had any idea that someone would fly planes into buildings? Then why was NORAD running hijacking flight simulations the morning of 9/11?

Or the NORAD deal could just be bogus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop.