Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-20-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Joseph Hachem...Your Opinion New World Champion

What's your opinion of our New WSOP World Champion?

Here's my take...

Like many of you that have the 'poker Passion' as I do and have, I listened all night, 13 hours I believe (while playing 6 games online) to the final table of this year's Main event. I thought it was often rivitting, had some fine drama and true excitement ( considering both the bracelet and millions of dollars involved ) and will never forget the experience...can't wait til next year.

I think Hachem played outstanding poker esp. at the last table. Often being near the bottom regarding stack size,( outchipped 9 to 1) what he accomplished IMO was truly impressive. IMO he _earned_ the title.

As Joe has said since, he felt the only true 'lucky moment' was his all in with Q7 against the 99 hand. He explained, justified this move to my satisfaction.

He appears to also be a Class player and Class person as well as being personable.

Joseph has said publicly he will make an effort to expand poker and continue to help make the game many of us love, acceptable to more of the masses. He said he will attempt to raise the level of class in the game.

At this point, I like him, and feel he was one of the top 3-4 players at the final table, appreciate the integrity in the way he handles himself and feel he will represent the world of poker as the WSOP Champion well. Bravo to Joe.

Any comments pro or con or opinions are gratefully welcome, thank you.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Joseph Hachem...Your Opinion New World Champion

A very likable fellow and fine gentleman. Not as deep a thinker about the game as Raymer, so therefore - not as likely to be heard from again.

Raymer is an exceptional poker mind and will win other big events. Other recent champs like Chris M and Robert V are not quite on Raymer's level. Hachem may fit somewhere in between.

But who could possibly root against such fine gentleman. I hope all goes well for the new World Champ. May I add that I know next to nothing about anything.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:39 AM

I don't care much for his facial hair thingy he has going. I also would rather have a Japanese or Spanish speaker win if a foreigner is going to win, but having a foreigner win is all good in any case.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:56 AM

Although I liked the format that ESPN used this year, showing the tourney from the first day, overall the final table wasn't very memorable in my opinion. 2004 was memorable and Raymer was exciting to watch. 2003 was exciting since Moneymaker was making unbelieveable moves.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:03 PM

That Q7 move in was terrible. He was only going to get called by a better hand, which is what happened.

I don't understand how he could put his tournament life on the line with a predetermined play like that. He didn't even have a read on the other player.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That Q7 move in was terrible. He was only going to get called by a better hand, which is what happened.

I don't understand how he could put his tournament life on the line with a predetermined play like that. He didn't even have a read on the other player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite the contrary, Aaron Kanter had been raising very frequently when it got short-handed and Hachem limped from the button (very suspicious). Kanter folds a majority of his hands there and Hachem is only crushed if hes called by AA/KK/QQ/AQ.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He appears to also be a Class player and Class person as well as being personable.

[/ QUOTE ]
are these two usually mutually exclusive?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite the contrary, Aaron Kanter had been raising very frequently when it got short-handed and Hachem limped from the button (very suspicious). Kanter folds a majority of his hands there and Hachem is only crushed if hes called by AA/KK/QQ/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying that it looks suspicious when Hachem limped, yet Kanter raises him. Doesn't look very scared to me. Still, Hachem decides to use a predetermined play to try and push him off, but again, he'll only be called by a better hand.

Remember, Hachem is putting his tournament life on the line. It's not smart. I don't see how you can justify putting all your money in when you'll only be called if you're an underdog. Just because he won't be "crushed" doesn't make it any less of a bad play.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying that it looks suspicious when Hachem limped, yet Kanter raises him. Doesn't look very scared to me. Still, Hachem decides to use a predetermined play to try and push him off, but again, he'll only be called by a better hand.

Remember, Hachem is putting his tournament life on the line. It's not smart. I don't see how you can justify putting all your money in when you'll only be called if you're an underdog. Just because he won't be "crushed" doesn't make it any less of a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously he'll only be called by a better hand. The idea was that he thought Kanter was very likely to fold.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care much for his facial hair thingy he has going.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO