Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Cocaine and flying on a plane (trace amount of cocaine)????

I am posting this anonymously for obvious reasons, but I am a long time poster here. Over the last few months I have developed quite a bad coke habit. I am going to be flying in the next few days to get my head "cleared" and figure out what steps to take to not do this anymore. My question is this: Obviously when you do cocaine and you are kind of sloppy about it, it will get on your clothes, shoes, etc...If there are drug dogs at the airport will I be fuc-ed? I don't know if I will have time to do laundry before I leave and I am nervous that the dogs would smell it and then I would be held/questioned.

I don't know if anybody here will even be able to help me with this. Also, I am not asking because I plan on trying to sneak drugs on the plane. This question is not in disguise. I am being fully honest of my intentions. So, please hold off on any accusations. Also, I do not need comments about how I am a dumbass for doing drugs or anything like that. Obviously, I already know this and this is why I am quitting.

On a side note, does anybody find that "this life" (gambling...whether winning or losing is very ) is more susceptible to drug use? I think it might be. Because, even though I am a winning player, I still get a "rush" from playing (as I am sure other winners do as well). And cocaine is just another form of a rush.

Thanks for any help with this.

p.s. This is not a gimmick account and once my questions are answered and I comment on them, the account will never be used again.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Cocaine and flying on a plane (trace amount of cocaine)????

Yeah, just don't pull a $20 bill out of your pocket- you will get trampled.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:47 AM

If you don't have any cocaine on you, you'll be fine even if the dogs zero in on you. However you may be subjected to strip searches, etc, so I would suggest doing your laundry.

As to your other question, while cocaine and amphetamine use was once rampant among 'grinders' and live pros, it does not seem to be a major phenomenon among the most successful internet players. The best of these tend to be stronger math and game theory types, and due to the circles that these guys run in (read: nerdy) and their need for control and order, I think drugs are a far lesser influence on the 'new generation.'

However, if you feel you've identified a link between the two, and you have an addictive personality, you may want to consider other work.

NT
Old 08-15-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not need comments about how I am a dumbass for doing drugs or anything like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2005, 04:54 AM

Don't carry any straws, razors, etc with stuff on it. Good luck dude. I'm glad you are kicking this habit.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:00 AM

I would not carry razors or anything like that. I am leaving to clear my head. I want to quit. I don't think bringing paraphenilia (sp?) is a step in the right direction. Thanks for your support and help with this question.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:41 AM

a piece of advice from someone who has been around folks getting down off this stuff: get real medical help. kicking any real drugs (meth, coke, opiates etc.) alone/cold turkey is darn near impossible. go to the ED and get help. doctors, nurses et al won't judge you/turn you in and they'll help you out.

fim
Old 08-15-2005, 05:58 AM

seriously ddue, dont worry about it. The only time i ever heard of someone getting pwned for coke is when my uncle crossed the candaianda border. They swipede his ID and someone (oh no, not me!) had done a line off it. He got searched thouroughly (oh yeah!) and then let go. No airport pwnage though. The drug dogs are all strung out anyway, thats why theyare called "drug dogs" get a clue!!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a piece of advice from someone who has been around folks getting down off this stuff: get real medical help. kicking any real drugs (meth, coke, opiates etc.) alone/cold turkey is darn near impossible. go to the ED and get help. doctors, nurses et al won't judge you/turn you in and they'll help you out.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I was actually in the ER last night. I kept feeling like my heart was pounding just a little too fast. It turns out I am fine. It was just lack of sleep, lack of eating, anxiety (from coke and i am also an anxious person), and cocaine. Once I got there I knew I was going to be okay, because after triage (they checked blood pressure, pulse, etc...) they had me wait for about 1.5 hours. I assume if my blood pressure was way high (it was high, but just the "common" high from cocaine use), they would have brought me back a to the Dr. a little quicker.

As far as "real" help. I am definitely going to. I asked the Dr. last night if I quit smoking for a year after smoking for 13 years, will this be easier...and she said it would be. Especially, since this coke problem has only been going on for about 1.5 months. Of course, the same night I did cocaine for my first time basically, I started smoking again as well (self destruction anyone?). She told me that there have been lots of studies done that have proven over the last 10 years that cocaine is not nearly as physically addictive as they once thought (especially compared to meth, nicotine, and heroin). Where I am going to I will have no access to drugs. And when I come back I will be in a program (not like CA or anything..I haven't hit "bottom" yet). It will be something outpatient, but like 2 times a week.

I am leaving because I just need to get my head cleared. Though, I never realized how much I was doing until the other day. The dr. and a friend had told me the fact that I spent 1K in one week on cocaine after only doing it for such a short period of time (I was getting a "good deal", well not a good deal, you know what i mean...)but that is the equivalent of 10 eight balls.

Also, I can't even monetarily afford this path any longer, 4K a month is more than I can spend. And even if I could afford that, I am pretty sure the problem would become bigger and then be even more expensive. Anyway, I am going to end this rant now.

Thank you so much for the advice. I am not just "running away" for two weeks and then planning on coming back and everything being okay. I know this is something I am going to have to deal with for a while.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously ddue, dont worry about it. The only time i ever heard of someone getting pwned for coke is when my uncle crossed the candaianda border. They swipede his ID and someone (oh no, not me!) had done a line off it. He got searched thouroughly (oh yeah!) and then let go. No airport pwnage though. The drug dogs are all strung out anyway, thats why theyare called "drug dogs" get a clue!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm..I apologize for my stupidity. I didn't know the drug dogs were high all the time. Maybe I will quit and become a dealer instead. And smuggle kilos across the U.S. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]