Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 07:47 PM

Default PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

Since the release threads tend to get filled with bug reports, I thought I'd start a new thread here where we can discuss stats you'd like to see in PA Hud.

Even if you've mentioned one before, please post it again. That way they are all gathered into one location.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

I would like to see betFlop% betTurn% betRiver%.
Maybe (bet+raise)% for flop turn and river.
That would be more useful than the aggression stats for the flop, turn and river.
(Since the aggression stats are so much affected by how much they call. Often you really just want to know how much they bet or raise.)
Old 07-01-2005, 08:16 PM

Thanks very much for this great work! You have seemed to take the best of each of your competitors out there. Namely, PostgreSQL which GT has but PV hasn't. Stars support which GT has but PV probably won't ever. PV has a cleaner and more complete layout, but seems to be surpassed by PokerAce.

Keep up the excellent work!

1.) hold the mucked cards a bit longer, please. Sometimes it goes by so quickly... ahem, that couldn't be user-configurable, say, 1-5 seconds, could it?

2.) Layout stat, Table Average $$/hand, please.

3.) Global fonts - you've already mentioned this but it was on my list.

4.) Stars, Stars, Stars, I want to get my 3 votes in...

5.) I'd like to view my own stats, user-configurable, perhaps individually-configurable so that I can see a different set of stats for myself than the rest of the table.

6.) Previous board - PlayerView shows the board for the last hand, along with the players' showdown cards too. These are smaller, configurable either by text (i.e, Kh, As) or card icon/images. These remain on the screen until the next showdown.

Donation coming soon - I'll contact you privately - thank you!
Dave
Old 07-02-2005, 04:20 AM

Percent opponent showed down the winning hand when they raised turn and a showdown occured.

This would be sweet.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:54 AM

This would be VERY simple to do. A list on the download page that tells you each site the software works with (any skins as well).

I have found myself wanting to download this and try it on the skins, but I don't know if it will work. I'd like to know before I download the software.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:23 PM

Average Finish and ITM % in SNGs.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would be VERY simple to do. A list on the download page that tells you each site the software works with (any skins as well).

I have found myself wanting to download this and try it on the skins, but I don't know if it will work. I'd like to know before I download the software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but for now, here's a list of supported sites:

Party
Empire
PokerNow
Eurobet
MultiPoker
Intertops
Old 07-02-2005, 02:42 PM

i know party places ur name plate in a different position then if anyone else was sitting there. and that is probably y u have to place the user data manualy, seperate from the normal 10players. do u think u could have the user stats go next to the name plate, no matter what seat u r in.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:18 PM

I would like to see the betting action so far in the hand.
For example:
R means raise
B means bet
C means call
x means check

So if a player calls preflop checkraises the flop and bets the turn and river it would look something like:
C/xR/B/B

A player who raises preflop, bets the flop and calls the check raise and calls the turn and river would look something like:
R/BC/C/C

This would be useful if you play many tables and for example forgets who raised preflop on a specific table.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:45 PM

I've not used Poker Ace, but doesn't anyone want to see these things?

They are just basic, but seems like they are what you want for decision support.

1. A display that keeps track of each opponents opening and raising standards from each position and shows them to me in an "at a glance" format. (naturally it would have to be based on historical and recent play data.) Probably along with a "percentage of the time he does this" number for each data point.

2. Pot odds.

3. Odds of making hads with my holding + board

4. Hands my opponent can make from the board

5. What hands on the flop the opponent raises, calls, folds to a raise with, etc. Again, "at a glance" format.

So basically I'm thinking I want all the things I would be looking for if I was taking notes manually about opponents + playing time info to weight against the historical profile in order to make clear bet/call/fold/raise type decisions more accurately.

Nothin' real fancy or artificial intelligence like. Just good solid data that keeps me from making mistakes.

The bet history the poster above mentions would be good too.

Basically I want a HUD that boils everything down to free my on personal cycles up to make playing decisions.

To be honest I don't quite understand how folks are using data like "raises preflop 22% of the time" to make any kind or playing decisions other than "oh this guy is aggressive" etc. Probably just my lack of experience.