Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Heads up with the BB pre-flop - Should I fold ?

Hi,

Whenever I get heads up with the BB pre-flop I just can't seem to accept they may have a hand. In all honesty I wouldn't play much different with one face card on the board either. Am I too stubborn ?

Villain is auto-rated as SL-A-A

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 12-28-2004, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Heads up with the BB pre-flop - Should I fold ?

If you're too stubborn, then I am too.

I don't fold overpairs in hands that are heads-up very much.

In the posted hand, I might've raised preflop, which could affect the subsequent action. But if I limped instead, I probably would've played the hand like you did.

By the time I'm getting bet into on the turn, I'm really not expecting to win, though. (And then the ace on the river gives me other ways to lose, though I doubt BB has a straight.)
Old 12-28-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Heads up with the BB pre-flop - Should I fold ?

You played it fine until the river. Against some opponents you can probably fold on the river. Against an unknown opponent I would call on the river.