Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: 88 SB, overpair

So are you actally suggesting I should c/r the entire table on this flop?

As far as turn, what cards are you donk-betting?

I was thinking about a 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, or T, probably no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Eh might donk some of those as hearts, and I'm not sure about the 7.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:29 PM

Nice hand.

Bet/3-betting, check/raising...or anything else that dumps a bunch of money into a very multiway pot with a medium overpair and no real draw on a coordinated board is really bad poker for anyone suggesting that your flop c/c is bad.

I think in the game you described you have two outs on the turn most of the time. Even if you have the best hand ~20% of the time (and I think that's on the high side honestly) you'll get rivered half of that. Basically, you're usually behind here and very vulnerable when your not.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:54 PM

I like your line here. On the turn with 3 people your probably behind. Your hand just doesnt have the showdown value against that many players. Especially with TP making trips on the turn.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:01 PM

probably none heart 2,4,8 are your only safe cards. Not that many. C/R the flop is no good because you are forcing people to suck out on you. I'd just call the flop and try to c/r the turn on a safe card or something. I don't know. Tough spot.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:26 PM

it looks pretty good, but by check-calling the flop-you have no idea where you stand in the hand, I would have chose to bet this flop. Depending on who called on the flop, i would bet/fold the turn. If no raise, I check the river/call with no heart.