Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: 5/10 video - watch me suck

I only watched about half the video and only have a couple notes written down. I dont remember the hands in detail so I will just write what the notes say.

-Fold 89s on flop HU
-Take free card with 56o HU
-Limp TJs (a raise would be okay also, maybe even better)
-Call A5o in BB to CO raise, need to defend them blinds but dont get too carried away
-Why check the river with ATo HU? Where you trying to induce a bluff? I think hes calling anyway here with 33, better to bet
-Raise A7s - limper before you had 57% VPIP, raise to isolate with your strong holding
-Raise flop with KQ - just calling here is bad imo
-Raise A9s hand on flop (BDSD, BDFD, two overs) and maybe take the free card depending on how your opponents react. If you just call the flop raise that turn as a semi-bluff and represent an 8
-Cap KQs, did you notice those two were arguing? Cap this thing and lead the flop, dont bet the river, hes not folding any pair and maybe not even AK
-A2o on button, do not auto-fold this, if it was folded around to you, its a raise against the two tight blinds
-raise A7s flop, the pot is too small to wait until the turn to raise, raise for value.

I will have some more notes out later once I finish the video.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:23 PM

thanks a LOT for taking the time to write all that out!

a few things I was thinking...

-Take free card with 56o HU
this hand has no showdown strength UI, betting the turn will get him to fold a lot and if he c/r's it's an easy fold (small pot, few outs)?

-Limp TJs (a raise would be okay also, maybe even better)
usually I will raise here, reasons that stopped me were the agro players on button and SB. Perhaps an example of becoming a weak tight nit...

-Why check the river with ATo HU? Where you trying to induce a bluff? I think hes calling anyway here with 33, better to bet
feeling that he would wait to raise the river if he had me beat, and would also bet most hands that he would call with if I checked to him, as well as trying a bluff. however betting out is probably best.

-Raise flop with KQ - just calling here is bad imo
board was KJ9 2 suited if I remember correctly, was waiting to raise a safe turn however again should have probably just raised here.

-raise A7s flop, the pot is too small to wait until the turn to raise, raise for value.
again was trying to wait for a safe turn here as there was flush draw on board and another opponent behind me. I probably (did) misplay every street on this hand

I will have some more notes out later once I finish the video.
awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 09:17 PM

Ok heres the rest:

-limp Q10o on button (two loose limpers ahead of you)
-*need to take advantage of notes
-fold A3s on turn
-dont continuation bet AQs on that board/ dont bet turn
-c/r A10s dont 3-bet his raise
-dont raise Q10o in cutoff position (not horrible but isnt a great play either)
-bet Ak on river no reason for him to have a J here, he probably would have led out, expect to get called by worse hands here, just like he had
-bet out 77 , c/r isnt a bad play but I would rather lead out( make note on guy with 22)
-dont take free card on turn with AK, his donk bet indicated draw, make him pay
-take note on guy with 69o
-fold K8o, small pot/marginal hand

There were lots of questionable plays here but nothing was REALLY horrible. Try to take more advantage of notes and more value betting on the river, also work on folding your marginal hands in small pots. One last thing dont overuse the "wait until turn to raise" play there are only certain situations where its correct and none of the ones in the video were. Keep the videos coming, this benefits you just as much as it does me. I'm still working on my game as well so dont take all of these recommendations as "the perfect play". I hope some of the more experienced posters chime in here as it will see how my advice faired up with theirs. Good luck!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:47 PM

Looked pretty ok. Sometimes I should raise in LP for a free card. Liked your river check with AT to induce a bluf. Would have gone for a check-raise although. Don't think you're a losing player from what I've seen. Maybe some more tricky plays could help. -2BB/100 doesnt sound good, but it could easily be a bad beat run.
Liked to watch the video. Good way to improve your game.

Greetz, Surfsteve