Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-19-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Survival pool advice

Okay out of almost 1000 26 left here are my teams left it goes through playoffs too. KC, AZ, Hous, SF, Mia, Pitts, Minn, NO, Sea, Clev, Oak, Philly, Stl, Cinc, Det, Chic, GB. I want to save Sea and Cinc if need to playoffs. This week my choice is torn between Chic and Stl. Any thoughts thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Survival pool advice

most books haven't added the sunday games yet, so there's no moneyline on the bears to compare with the others. but I'd think there are better bets out there than taking them at Lambeau, considering that they didn't have the GB game locked up against them at home last month until 3 minutes left in the 4th.

Rams -501 should be good. STL hasn't beat anyone good this year except the Jags (incidentally) but I'm pretty sure they can do better than they did against the niners who remain winless on the road. only other decent games are Steelers -287 (road), Jax -250 (road - UGLY), and Dolphins -220 (home).

take the rams. the bears are guaranteed a playoff game at home if they win the division, and they control that destiny by hosting minnesota in week 17.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take the rams. the bears are guaranteed a playoff game at home if they win the division, and they control that destiny by hosting minnesota in week 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you take the Rams, who have lost 5 of their last 6 games, including 3 in a row at home, over Pittsburgh? The Steelers have stuffed the Bears and Vikes the last two weeks, still need to win, and are playing a Cleveland team starting a rookie QB who could only manage 9 points against Oakland yesterday.

The Rams suck and look like they may have quit for the season. The Niners haven't, beat the Rams in week 1 and could beat them again. Pittsburgh's the play.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:57 PM

I agree after thinking about it Pitts is my choice they need the game badly and I can not save too many teams for playoffs I have to get there first.