Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: I\'ll tell you who wins the apprentice...

It was obvious that they are not that far apart in ability so him saying no was a dick move. In business I think the woman will be more successful because she is engagaing attractive, and intelligent. I think Randall really exposed himself as a selfish prick at the end of the show.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM

I don't understand why anyone who runs their own business and has been successful would want to take a job working for Donald Trump. Fame would be the only reason.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:44 PM

I don't think it's a dick move at all. Imagine if you won the WSOP ME and afterwards, the TD comes up and says, the 2nd place guy played so well, how about if we just make you guys official co-champions, you both get bracelets and we'll chip in extra dough to give you both first prize money. You'd say, ummm, how about, not.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:11 PM

Not the same situation at all. Comparing this to sporting events, which even Randal is doing to justify his move, clearly doesn't work. This isn't a co-championship, it's a completely separate position. There is another opening. You've worked closely with the person, you have said you respect and admire this person, this person has helped you get where you are. You get the position, but Big Boss says, we have another slot in the organization, should we hire this person you say you respect and admire? You say, basically, hell no, I got mine, this is my moment.

Dick move.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the value of publicity. Which is what Randall is getting for his "dick" move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in Hollywood does the adage, "Good publicy or bad publicity, just make sure they spell your name right", apply.

Who's more sucessful, Tiger Woods or Barry Bonds? Both are at the top of their game, both are black athletes, yet one piles up endorsements while the other is a pariah. Ever bother to figure out why?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a dick move at all. Imagine if you won the WSOP ME and afterwards, the TD comes up and says, the 2nd place guy played so well, how about if we just make you guys official co-champions, you both get bracelets and we'll chip in extra dough to give you both first prize money. You'd say, ummm, how about, not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not thinking that both of these things are purely dick moves is proof of dickery.

~D
Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not the same situation at all. Comparing this to sporting events, which even Randal is doing to justify his move, clearly doesn't work. This isn't a co-championship, it's a completely separate position. There is another opening. You've worked closely with the person, you have said you respect and admire this person, this person has helped you get where you are. You get the position, but Big Boss says, we have another slot in the organization, should we hire this person you say you respect and admire? You say, basically, hell no, I got mine, this is my moment.

Dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just another opening, though, it's a position that would have been equivalent to his in power and prestige. After he beats her out, he doesn't want to have to compete with her all over again for Trump's attention and interest, during those first few critical months working for him. That would defeat the whole point of becoming "the apprentice".
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 PM

I think the "time and attention" factor is actually very low. You are hired to hit the ground running, not be babysat. For that matter, there are reports from ex-candidates that he's in contact with some of them as well, so it's not like you can be cut out by not being hired.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 PM

I thought for sure that Randall would say "yes, hire her too," and was pleasantly surprised that he said no the way he did. He can think fast, or more likely, he had the "no" reason planned, since everyone and their mother noted a possible dual apprentii this time.

He is far better qualified for all the reasons he stated. She is good too, but her reasons for being the winner were getting boring and always just amounted to assertions that she has drive and energy, etc. Alla was too mean but essentially correct that the facts should speak.

I think Randall made the right move. Why share the glory that you earned and also be compared going forward with the other apprentice on who is doing a better job? Now he commands Trump's attention as the new app--not sharing it.

My 2 cents...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:25 AM

I have been dying to read this thread for days. Just watched the ep now. I think he did the right thing but could have sugar-coated it a bit more.

Pretty lame of Trump to put him in a situation like that anyway.