Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: virginity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You religious types crack me up. Always looking for loopholes to get around "sin". Trust me, if "God" doesn't like you sticking it in a girl's vagina, he'll be even less pleased if you SIIHP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're speaking for God now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also speak for the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You religious types crack me up. Always looking for loopholes to get around "sin". Trust me, if "God" doesn't like you sticking it in a girl's vagina, he'll be even less pleased if you SIIHP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're speaking for God now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also speak for the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing your one-man group therapy sessions are a riot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My roommate is a virgin. He has been talking with a girl recently and asked me if he put it in the pooper if he would still be considered a virgin. He wants to stay a virgin (i dont know why); would this be ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is all well and good, but it's also a very demeaning attitude toward girls.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's really not. Manipulative behavior is not okay coming from a guy or a girl, but when it comes to the specific topic of breaking down sexual inhibitions, especially the virginity issue and at a young age, it is almost always the guy that is pushing the girl. There are plenty of things I could rag on girls about too, and call guys stupid and easily manipulated for dealing with, but on this particular subject the stereotype is generally true.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm guessing that the majority, yes i said the majority, of girls had some similar situation. Not necessarily in the pooper, but just that they hold out until some guy finally convinces them to have sex, whatever argument he uses.

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't argue this point, but depending on how manipulative the arguments used are (and telling a girl anal sex won't de-classify her as a virgin is VERY manipulative), this will vary in offensiveness from 'not at all' to 'I want to punch you in the face.'

[ QUOTE ]
And I don'tr think all these girls have trust issues because of it. Maybe some do, but I think you're taking this a little too seriosuly.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, they don't all have issues. Nor do they all have exactly similar experiences (see my above point). But I know enough girls that have pretty heavy issues with this to know that I'm not taking it too seriously. I value a person's ability to have an open, trusting, expressive relationship a hell of a lot more than I value a teenager's right to passage of getting laid. But, then again, want and expect a hell of a lot more from my partner than just about any guy I know. And I'm willing to give more than just about any guy I know.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm guessing that the majority, yes i said the majority, of girls had some similar situation. Not necessarily in the pooper, but just that they hold out until some guy finally convinces them to have sex, whatever argument he uses.

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't argue this point, but depending on how manipulative the arguments used are (and telling a girl anal sex won't de-classify her as a virgin is VERY manipulative), this will vary in offensiveness from 'not at all' to 'I want to punch you in the face.'

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't have a big problem with this because I figure if she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't. I figure she wanted to and he gave her a loophole to allow herself to do it and be o.k. with it. We all know Catholic girls use this same SIIHP argument themselves all the time. What he told her isn't necessarily wrong. It's just a matter of prespective.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:12 AM

One of my best friends has this same issue, I can't believe this is actually happening to someone else. He's a virgin but he's had anal sex...and he's not gay. Personally I think you only lose your virginity when you stick it in the proper place.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We all know Catholic girls use this same SIIHP argument themselves all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM

To be a virgin means to be innocent of unlawful sexual intercourse. Sexual intercourse is when the penis of the man being is in the vagina of the woman and moving in and out. Therefore, he is still "technically" a virgin.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't have a big problem with this because I figure if she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you really naive enough to think that girls won't do anything physically that they don't deep down, internally want to do? Let me tell with the utmost confidence that this is categorically false. For a whole slew of reasons, girls will give in to their boyfriend's advances when they really don't want to. I'm sure if you reflect on this honestly enough you'll realize it is true.

[ QUOTE ]
What he told her isn't necessarily wrong. It's just a matter of prespective.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not an issue of right and wrong. (The morality of sex or the objective truth of his statement.) The issue is the health and well being of the parties involved. And let me tell you, I know many girls who have been seriously wounded by guys who were too horny to stop and consider what their girlfriend really wanted. And while it's not always inaccurate to say " I figure she wanted to and he gave her a loophole to allow herself to do it and be o.k. with it," it certainly is a very dangerous attitude - and one that has really hurt many, many girls.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What he told her isn't necessarily wrong. It's just a matter of prespective.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not an issue of right and wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant incorrect.