Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Cocaine and flying on a plane (trace amount of cocaine)????

I sincerely wish you good luck in quitting. Some people can handle doing drugs, but the insane [censored] things they do to the people who can't is not really worth the risk.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Good luck man. You won't have any problems on the plane. I fly all of the time and have never seen these dogs you're talking about.

I have some friends I wish were smart enough to take care of this problem the way you are.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:58 AM

cocaine is such an awful drug, i am never touching that [censored]
Old 08-15-2005, 12:12 PM

No offense, but I find it really hard to believe that you don't have time to do your laundry. If you're reading this right now, you could be doing laundry instead. Anyway, aside from that, yeah I wouldn't worry at all about small trace amounts on your clothes. And good job quitting the drug habit, it will be the best decision you've ever made. Cocaine is the worst drug imaginable if you're already an anxious person. I bet you're a caffeine addict too, right? Poker players are definitely more susceptible to drug use simply because they're more likely to have addictive personalities.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:15 PM

Side effect of cocaine abuse: paranoia.

Just do your damn laundry, for chrissakes.

Oh, and why do you need a plane ride to stop using? Throw away what you have and don't buy any more.

eastbay
Old 08-15-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cocaine is such an awful drug, i am never touching that [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 27 years old and as of about 2 months ago, I have never touched the sh-t. I don't know what made me do it that night. But, I really wish I never touched it. I have had days where I have been up for over 48 hours. I am 5'10 and weight about 140..I think I might have lost 5-10 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I already have anxiety problems, so coming down from the coke doesn't help. Luckily I get to work from home. So, it hasn't effected my job at all. In fact, it has made my job performance better.

But, I know I am not to "far gone" (though I know if I continue I will be). I still care about things. Like my favorite baseball team (i feel if i mention what team that is I might start giving hints of who I am [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), my job, dating girls (well, my desire for that hasn't been as strong), etc...

I definitely should not have touched it because I know I have an addictive personality. Which brings up something Tech said in an earlier post about maybe I should quit poker as well. I am a winning poker player (at least over 75K hands that I have in PT), but that doesn't mean I can't get a rush out of it. I love the rush of possibly winning a big pot. I think he might have misunderstood me when I said that I get a rush from playing poker. I don't play above my 500BB bankroll. I also like to bet on sports, but I don't even handicap those games. I buy picks from a VERY reputable site. But, once again, I never bet more than 2% of my roll on that either. But, I still get a rush out it. So, I don't think just because I get a rush out of poker or sportsbetting, that I should quit them. My question was this: Does gambling (whether winner or losers) make drug habits more possible? I guess kind of like being a rock star. They get a rush out of playing, singing, and writing, but that lifestyle if very conducive for a life of drug abuse. Is gambling possibly the same way?

Also, good for you not doing cocaine Voltron. Like i said, I had never done it before, and I spent a dime this week on it. This, after only a month of using "full time". </end rant>
Old 08-15-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but I find it really hard to believe that you don't have time to do your laundry. If you're reading this right now, you could be doing laundry instead. Anyway, aside from that, yeah I wouldn't worry at all about small trace amounts on your clothes. And good job quitting the drug habit, it will be the best decision you've ever made. Cocaine is the worst drug imaginable if you're already an anxious person. I bet you're a caffeine addict too, right? Poker players are definitely more susceptible to drug use simply because they're more likely to have addictive personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work from home and have been working. Which is why I have not done it yet. Also, as of right now I don't really have the motivation to do it. I know in another post I mentioned that I still care about the "little things". But, at the same time I have to force myself to shower, clip my nails, call my friends, etc...I can only imagine how bad this would be in 6 months.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I work from home and have been working. Which is why I have not done it yet. Also, as of right now I don't really have the motivation to do it. I know in another post I mentioned that I still care about the "little things". But, at the same time I have to force myself to shower, clip my nails, call my friends, etc...I can only imagine how bad this would be in 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ. Walk over to the washer, put your clothes in, put some soap in and turn the knob. This isn't that hard.

If you really can't do that, you should check yourself into a psychiatric hospital immediately.

eastbay
Old 08-15-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Side effect of cocaine abuse: paranoia.

Just do your damn laundry, for chrissakes.

Oh, and why do you need a plane ride to stop using? Throw away what you have and don't buy any more.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to a place and staying with a friend to clear my head. Then when I come back I am going to go to one of the several programs I have to choose from. Addiction, especially for people with addictive personalities, is not that easy. When I quit smoking for almost a year I had a good support system, but it was very tough. I think this might be easier. I just don't have the support system here that I will when I go to where I am going (once again, I am being vague about where I live and am going to keep some anonyminity (sp?). All I am saying is "don't buy anymore" is not as easy as it sounds.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Yet another job benefit. I never have to worry about this.

In fact just last week I was on Air Force One doing lines off of Ann Coulter's back while Sean Hannity gave me a rimjob.

Again, thanks for all the votes.