Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: WSOP has become a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
After watching yesterdays episode and some of the smaller events won by fish, to me the wsop has become a joke. This is no longer a tournament about skill but about who can make the worst call and be the luckiest.

Some of calls they have been showing are right down sickening. The fact that these players have gone this far in a tournament just goes to show that it no longer is about skill its all about luck. Very depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. This is my strong viewpoint too based on the 20 hands I saw on TV over a period of time in which thousands of hands were dealt. I found it especially easy to judge when I didn't know what the blinds or stack sizes were as well.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Hey!

Don't go hogging my commissions!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After watching yesterdays episode and some of the smaller events won by fish, to me the wsop has become a joke. This is no longer a tournament about skill but about who can make the worst call and be the luckiest.

Some of calls they have been showing are right down sickening. The fact that these players have gone this far in a tournament just goes to show that it no longer is about skill its all about luck. Very depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a "live poker is rigged" thread?
Sweet!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 PM

What's most depressing to me is how big of douchebags these guys all are. Friedman, Stillman, Paskin, all huge tools. I literally laughed my ass off when Friedman said "You wish you had my talent at my age." Apparently, this guy is awesome yet doesn't even know a king high flush running into an ace high flush is just an unfortunate part of the game. I have a feeling we won't see much more of this clown.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I literally laughed my ass off when Friedman said "You wish you had my talent at my age."

[/ QUOTE ]
it was better than that, he said "you wish you had half the talent i have when you were my age"
the kid was apparently looking for a pat on the back from somebody it seems from his comments, 3 perfect days, half the talent, how many 23 year olds etc (i understand the shows are edited and can make things seem different from what they are).
Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 PM

Friedman was a really nice guy. Paskin (the brit guy w/ the smelly Beckham gear) was the friendliest guy to me at the WSOP. He appears to be an ass at the tables, but he's really a great guy behind it all. I wish he'd won it all.

Indy
Old 11-02-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's most depressing to me is how big of douchebags these guys all are. Friedman, Stillman, Paskin, all huge tools. I literally laughed my ass off when Friedman said "You wish you had my talent at my age." Apparently, this guy is awesome yet doesn't even know a king high flush running into an ace high flush is just an unfortunate part of the game. I have a feeling we won't see much more of this clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one was Paskin again?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM

Paskin was the british guy who yelled a lot and angered his table with rude behavior. I spent some time with him after day 1 and I really liked the guy. He explained that he was purposely trying to annoy people to gain action on his good hands.

Indy
Old 11-03-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paskin was the british guy who yelled a lot and angered his table with rude behavior. I spent some time with him after day 1 and I really liked the guy. He explained that he was purposely trying to annoy people to gain action on his good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure which is worse, being rude and disgusting on purpose or out of ignorance. Either is immature and shows absolutely no respect for others. I don't care if someone "disrespects the game", but anyone showing such disrespect for others is pond scum.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Which one was Paskin again?

[/ QUOTE ]

British dude, living in Sweden, England Football jersey, tape on his mouth, screaming, cursing, 20 minute penalty, invoked Lenny Bruce.