Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Easy call?

I've been playing sort of LAG (opening 2 or 3 pots an orbit). Haven't played any pots with Villian so I'm not sure of a read other than he's pretty mediocre. In 400 hands PT says he is 17.65 VPIP. So, here's the hand:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (9 handed) converter

CO ($688.80)
Button ($502.40)
SB ($235.95)
BB ($357.40)
UTG (Villian)/ ($653.80)
UTG+1 ($576)
MP1 ($715.65)
MP2 ($720.45)
Hero ($2496.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG (Villian)/ calls $6, UTG+1 calls $6, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG (Villian)/ calls $18, UTG+1 calls $18.

Flop: ($81) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises to $629.8</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>
Old 05-13-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Easy call?

Villian's pushing a small flush. Muck.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:48 AM

dont call...
Old 05-13-2005, 04:55 AM

Why would you post this hand? Its such an easy call your on a straight and flush draw which we all know is more than 50 percent to hit atleast one way...obviously you have a majority of the pot equity [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you post this hand? Its such an easy call your on a straight and flush draw which we all know is more than 50 percent to hit atleast one way...obviously you have a majority of the pot equity

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I'm not sure if this is serious or not. Actually, I'm not sure you even read the hand correctly.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:55 AM

This is tough without a read. I don't think its as clear cut as some suggest. Given your image, Villian can be reasonably sure of a check raise, so he could be pulling this with a set, two pair, maybe even A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A, or a badly played J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J. Also he has no idea hero is so powerful, which increases the % he's pushing a draw.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:25 AM

Easy Fold. Why? you drawing to two outs if the villain has the hand he is representing. I understand you excitement at the straight and the straight flush draw but there are going to be better places to put your money in. The only exception to folding is you have a precise read that the villain is going to push lots of hands on this flop. Really the only hands you are ahead of are a set or naked ace of spades and the other hands have you dominated (qj one spade would be particularly ugly)
Old 05-13-2005, 01:15 PM

Fold. Though it is possible that due to your LAG image villain is doing this with something you beat, a flush is still quite likely, and vs a flush you are drawing to two outs. However, any nonflush hand he'd do this with, such as a set or AsT, or whatever, he has quite a few outs. I don't see him doing this on a pure bluff, and you have to wait for a better spot to profit off this overbetter. Massive overbets are rarely the bluff they so desperately attempt to look like.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is tough without a read. I don't think its as clear cut as some suggest. Given your image, Villian can be reasonably sure of a check raise, so he could be pulling this with a set, two pair, maybe even A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A, or a badly played J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J. Also he has no idea hero is so powerful, which increases the % he's pushing a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!
In a live game if this situation came up, I would flip my cards up and see if he gives me a reaction, then i would decide whether to call or not, so its a tough tough call, villain either has set, low flush, or a big spade, I doubt he would do such a think with a big flush, so i think i would call after agonizing for ever.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM

I turbo-muck this - If he's pushing with JsQx, you're in deep doodoo.