Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

Ouch. What a devastating combo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe I'm just pissed because her character is such a nincompoop, who can't stop [censored] things up. WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE? Explain it to everyone else and set up a situation that you control completely, so you can extract maximum information. But, no, let's take him off somewhere and get ourselves into a kill or be killed situation, with no chance of learning anything but what the guy chooses to say in the span of the few minutes he needs to plan how to kill you.

Somebody REALLY needs to take that gun away from that stupid bitch before she... whoops, too late.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she didn't make the realization for sure that he was one of The Others until they were up there alone. I think she started to piece it all together then.

Here was one big question I took from this week - how did Goodwin know to be dressed and ready to infiltrate the group of survivors? 10 minutes isn't enough time for him to have been with The Others, hear the crash, and then decide, "hey, put on some shoes and normal clothes and check things out". Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

Lots of questions still of course. I think next week should be really good.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a staggeringly uninformative episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
Will somebody please kill Michelle Rodriguez?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

To elaborate further on my thoughts re: The Other 48 Days... I like the episode conceptually and in execution. I just think it would have worked much better an episode or two ago. I'd have to rewatch to decide exactly where I'd think it would fit best, but yeah. It came a little late for my tastes.

That, and ending an episode with Shannon getting shot in the gut, only to follow up with this, is frustrating for the viewer. It's one thing when they were bouncing between the raft and the hatch, essentially ignoring the raftaways for the first couple eps--at least the hatch was what could be considered "timely." The Other 48 Days could have been easily bumped back an episode, and I think fans would have developed less Ana Lucia hate if they'd seen this sooner.

Re: Ana Lucia -- MR is attractive (although her face is a bit masculine for my tastes), but a really bad actress 95% of the time. She had a few moments in this episode that gave me hope she'll get better if they stop writing her as a cliched badass, so there's that.

Re: Pace of the show -- I'm fine with the pace of the show. I'm just concerned about things getting wrapped up in a satisfying-yet-uncontrived manner. JJ has already shown an affinity for getting lost in his own mythos (ala X-Files) in Alias. That show was brilliant for 2 seasons, and then the third season went STRRRRRRRRRRRRAIGHT in the toilet. I'll eventually watch seasons 4 and 5, but as far as I'm concerned, Alias should have been so much better. They got lost and didn't know what they were doing with the Rambaldi prophecy, and just started throwing stuff to the wall hoping it'd stick. So I'm less than confident in his abilities to keep Lost's mythos cohesive. We'll see.

In other news, I think I like the "main" characters more than most fans do. While I don't think we need more Jack/Kate/Locke flashbacks, I do miss them as a central presence with the island story. And this is after, what? 2 or 3 episodes? Hope the raft/tailaways get back to main camp soon so we see the main lostaways again.

Also: Bye Shannon. Since I don't have a thing for Claire/Sun/AnaLucia, and Kate gets on the nerves a fair amount more than you did, you were a source of bearable hotness on Craphole Island. You will be somewhat missed.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I don't have a thing for AnaLucia,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware I shared a room with a gay!!

SHE'S SO HOT. OMG THE JEANS.

(but Shannon was hot too).

kipin- it seems like you are in grave danger of taking me seriously. I am happy that we were able to work in a Clayton insult though!

The most important info in the epp- for Anacado, is that the others had a list of "good" people and were talking folks. Apparently only Walt is "good" from the other group. Interesting...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:59 PM

A good episode. The Ana scene with Goodwin was great. She is very hot BTW.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:02 AM

Pretty good episode. Season two isn't season one, but season one was so ridiculously good that its hard to be topped. Thus far, season two has been somewhat slower, but overall solid I think. Many clues are more subtle, such as the teddy bear one and you have to have patience and be attentive, something many people don't seem to want to do with TV. I think it's rewarding to catch really nonobvious clues and hints. It's still the best thing on TV from my perspective.

It's interesting how they keep stressing that they want children [Alex, Turnip head, two tail kids]. The only thing I can think is that its the only way for them to get fresh blood and they want to continue their clan into the future.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:21 AM

People that watch this show just to have everything solved for them and then complain at the end of each episode are annoying. It's a 5 or 6 season show if I'm not mistaken so enjoy the ride because it's going to be a while before you get what the hell is going on.

Also, I thought this was a very entertaining episode with lots of little subtle information.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:04 AM

Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the ratings for Lost? And the awards it's won? I know you said God-Forbid...I think God herself would have to personally intervene for this show to get cancelled ANYTIME in the near future. They're gonna take their sweet-ass time because...hey, it's a wildly successful suspense show. ABC and the show's creators are making boatloads of cash on each episode...why not draw it out?

And (to the people complaining about slowness).....I think a lot of people did the "watch Season One on DVD all at once" thing (I did). But if you really think about it, last season didn't really move much faster than this season. Weeks went by where before we knew anything about John Locke, how they were going to feed themselves long-term, about Jin and Sun, about Kate's crimes (which we still don't exactly know), about Jack's demons...no idea what the monster is, it took weeks to start unearthing The Hatch from the time we first saw it to the time we actually figured out what it was. The whole show has been slow...that's the point. If they revealed too much, too fast, there simply wouldn't be enough interesting storyline to make it a weekly drama for 5-8 years.

I'm still a huge fan and dutifully arrange my Wednesday obligations around being home at 8pm for Lost.