Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Prop bet

Okay, so me and one of my very good friends made a bet. The bet is, we both buy an 18 pack of the same beer, whoever finishes it first wins. However, if u puke u lose. Once a beer is finished, the opponent has 1 minute to catch up. These are basically the only rules. I am 6'3 210 and my buddy is 5'9, 180. My strategy was going to be to try and drink a ton fast as I figured my stomach was bigger than his and he would puke, but am curious to hear what you think the best strategy would be. Another thing that may be of relevance is I just started drinking 2 years ago and he started drinking 6 years ago. Am I doomed or can I strategize this to win?

SGS
Old 10-09-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Prop bet

What are the stakes?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:18 AM

You should definitely practice the stuff that guys like the competitive eating champion Takeru Kobayashi (4-time winner of the Nathan's hot dog eating contest) do. i.e. Drink as much water as you can about 2-3 hours before the showdown to make your stomach larger.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:22 AM

I don't think there's no great strategy for you here.

If I were doing this competition vs you, I'd probably choose something with more body than Coors and less than Guinness. Maybe the Widmer Hefeweisen I'm drinking right now, in part because I'd be willing to drink 18 of them. (I just had 12, and that wasn't too hard.) I'm nearly certain I could go through 18 cans of Murphy's Irish Stout before most people would come close, but I don't want to drink that much of it and I'm guessing that would end with my opposition throwing up.

If you practice drinking crappy light beer quickly, you'll have no trouble finishing 18 of them before your competition. If post-contest puking is ok, you'll have no problem.

edit - if you choose something like the Murphy's, then you're just hoping he pukes first. Neither of you has the capacity to drink 18 of them.

gl to you both.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:08 AM

I highly recommend a low-carb beer if it's allowed by the rules. You'll have an easier time getting them down and keeping them there. The advice about training your stomach is excellent as well. Finally, I recommend that you pace yourself well - you don't want to drink too fast, but you also don't want to have to slam them to stay within a minute of Villain.

I just thought of one more thing: use a straw. You won't swallow as much air so your stomach won't get as full. You'll feel drunker, but be less likely to puke. Good luck.