Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: OT: Heads Up Strategies and considertaions

Hey Landon,

We're doing the same thing. I can't remember the last time I played a STT. I've been playing only HU and 4-way freeze-outs on Stars for a few months now.

1. Take a look at dana33's excellent 1st post on Simulated heads-up endgame in all-in or fold mode, which includes some good posts by eastbay. dana33 suggests that a 70/50 push/call strategy is optimal for a 10:1 ratio, and a 60/30 strategy is optimal for a 20:1 ratio.

2. I'm still working out myself how aggressive I should be. These may be leaks, but here're some random thoughts on how I'm now playing deep stacked HU matches:

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I raise PF frequently. I generally raise 3xBB. I generally start out raising about 1/4 of my hands. If villian generally calls, reraises or pushes, I might tighten up. If villian generally folds, I try to see if I can buy the pot with a 2xBB or min-raise.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] If the flop hits me, I generally bet, regardless of whether I have two pairs, an overpair, high pair, mid pair, low pair, or even an under pair. If villian generally calls, reraises or pushes, I tighten up.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Even if the flop doesn't hit me, I bet it about 1/2 the time.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] If I flop a set, I bet it about 1/2 the time. If the board is safe, the rest of the time I may slowplay it by check-calling the flop and turn and check-raising or leading out the river.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] If it's checked to the turn, even if the board hasn't hit me, I generally bet if I have an overcard.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] If I have a flush or straight draw, I generally bet.

The Shadow