Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Worst hand I played in a while (vs. Flair)

So, Flair is villan in this hand, I know who he is but he has zero idea who I am, for sure.

I'd been on a super hot run of cards I didn't showdown so he may have been sick of me bulying *his* table, but, he's also 3 betting from the SB which is usu a big hand. Anyways, I sort of hated this when it went down but I'm curious to hear what you come up with:

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 10-14-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Worst hand I played in a while (vs. Flair)

I don't know about the river call, but his hand sure smells like TT.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:45 AM

Yeah, the river call is the worst of it for sure. What do you think about the turn? I think I prob should have raised there....
Old 10-14-2005, 10:46 AM

I've played hands much worse than that.

I think the hand is fine up until the river though I can see an argument for raising the flop. On the river I would have raised also and reluctantly called the 3-bet. But maybe someone will chime in with you shouldn't raise the river unless you can fold to the 3-bet.

- Jim
Old 10-14-2005, 10:48 AM

I'd find a raise before the river. I might cap preflop.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Either the turn or the flop. I'm not sure which one, but one of them.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, Flair is villan in this hand, I know who he is but he has zero idea who I am, for sure.

I'd been on a super hot run of cards I didn't showdown so he may have been sick of me bulying *his* table, but, he's also 3 betting from the SB which is usu a big hand. Anyways, I sort of hated this when it went down but I'm curious to hear what you come up with:

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to apologise.

For the record,

1. I was sick of having my blind raised.
2. I did feel like he was being a bully.
3. I did not know it was Brett; but it was obvious to me he was a thinking TAG. Meaning, I figured he was not just a player with the "right stats".

4. I can't wait for all you guys to get RB on Party Poker and just leave me alone. (While this hand was going on, I put an very sick beat on "Doc Martin" over on Absolute... I am suprised he has not posted that one yet.)

EDIT: As a side note before I hit the raise button pre-flop, I stood up and took of my sunglasses and said "It is time to put a stop to this."
Old 10-14-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either the turn or the flop. I'm not sure which one, but one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I prefer the turn. I like taking down this somewhat vulnerable hand here.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: As a side note before I hit the raise button pre-flop, I stood up and took of my sunglasses and said "It is time to put a stop to this."

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAH. I love it.

BTW. Looks like 1010, but given that it is a blind defense from a TAG I would think his 3bet range is rather large including K10, and A10 (which he decided to press postflop). Heck, maybe Q10s?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to apologise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[ QUOTE ]

For the record,

1. I was sick of having my blind raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I don't get too frisky about my small blind.
[ QUOTE ]

3. I did not know it was Brett; but it was obvious to me he was a thinking TAG. Meaning, I figured he was not just a player with the "right stats".

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you like my "You going to post that hand?" comment?
[ QUOTE ]

4. I can't wait for all you guys to get RB on Party Poker and just leave me alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find me a good deal and I'm gone, amigo.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, I had my values every time. Just a good run of cards is all. I did think to myself, [censored], I haven't shown down anything. I just didn't thinkk you'd get so bitchy about your small blind.

Flair 1 Brett 0