Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: What\'s your least favorite city in America?

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand how so many of you can list NYC as your least favorite city. C'mon, give me an f'in break, I just don't buy that NYC is the place that comes to mind as THE WORST???

Are you telling me you would rather spend more time in Buffalo, Detroit, Kansas City, or Newark than NYC? That's baloney.

I lived in Manhattan (5 years), Brooklyn (2 years), and Queens (3 years). I can tell you from experience that this not an easy place to live. The bull that you have to put up with here is amazing---high taxes, high prices, abnoxious people, disgusting commuting, back-biting corporate dickheads, and some women that are more heartless than men. But even with that said, the city is STILL an amazing place.

Reasons to like NYC:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] The tastiest and most diverse selection of food anywhere on the planet. (Just try to find another city that offers exceptional pizza, sushi, and steaks, all within a block of each other)
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The hot women here are REALLY HOT. Go to any halfway decent bar on a thursday-Saturday night and you are guaranteed to find women who will leave you speachless.

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to your first point...uhhh, Chicago? Houston? I don't think NYers realize how ethnically diverse Houston is. They think it's full of white cowboys. Houston offers great steaks, middle-eastern food, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Mexican (Mexican to us is like Pizza to NYers), and on and on.

Your second point....hot women??? Really? I think the only hot women there are unattainable unless you are a multi-millionaire. The average NY female looks like DOGMEAT. You really need to travel to the midwest, and South, where you will find true natural beauties that are attainable.

I'll give you entertainment and money though. And I will give you the fact taht saying NYC is the worst city is silly. Some people just haven't been to Detroit or Memphis yet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Houston offers great steaks, middle-eastern food, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Mexican (Mexican to us is like Pizza to NYers), and on and on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad you have to brave the light rail to get to all of those places. For all of NYC's faults, it really is true that you can find huge varieties of stuff all in very close proximity. There aren't very many "pedestrian" cities like NYC.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 PM

Flatwoods, KY the home of Billy Ray Cyrus.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets see I like

I like San Fran, Have allways liked Phoenix, I like Cheyenne, Pittsburgh cause it is home also Enjoyed San Antonio. Denver has some Pluses. Albuquerque how ever the [censored] u spell it

Cant stand LA, Yuma San Diego St. Louis is a pit

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone that lists San Diego here needs to have their head checked

[/ QUOTE ]

Y I personally think cali as a whole sucks ass
Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't understand how so many of you can list NYC as your least favorite city.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be fair, i listed it as my 2nd least favorite..

also, this is only out of cities i have been to. how can i comment on buffalo, detroit, etc. when i have never been to them?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Spokane?

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Spokane when I was there for about two weeks. Checking out the Gonzaga chicks was fun, and they have a real river! So what's wrong with it?

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Spokane has the crime and grunge of a large city w/minimal culture. It's kinda got sprawling suburbs and a ton of strip malls, but no meaningfull downtown.

I'm originally from Pullman, and now live in Seattle- and Spokane takes the worst elements of both and combines them.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your second point....hot women??? Really? I think the only hot women there are unattainable unless you are a multi-millionaire. The average NY female looks like DOGMEAT. You really need to travel to the midwest, and South, where you will find true natural beauties that are attainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not really disagreeing here. There are HOT women and there are some really fugly women. The problem with the hot women is that they grow into Hot Women With An Agenda.

HOWEVER, for a brief period between ages 18-25, these women are sexually attenable by any charming shmuck with pocket money. After 25, well, their standards change and they become portfolio obsessed.

And do not discount the women of Brooklyn. Although their rough accents and street smart personas put them into a different class than Manhattan chicks, there are still some knock-outs in that borough. Many of my teenage years were spent enjoying Brooklyn girls.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schaumberg IL(if you are from the north burbs, this is a god awful place, and we all make fun of it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, since my grandmother and uncle are from there I'm qualified to say that it sure does suck, but this isn't the list of "least important cities ever". Really? Schaumberg annoys you that much that its on your list? You need to travel more.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For a big city I can't stand, how about Salt Lake City. Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no city in the world with nearly as much consistent, quality powder within an hour of an international airport. SLC sucks I will give you that, but the skiing alone should keep it off the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first, I thought you were referring to nose candy.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schaumberg...LOL. I thought people in the North Burbs made fun of Waukegan.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Woodfield.

In the West burbs, we make fun of Aurora due to its lovely East side.

South Suburbs have too much crap to mention it all. Ford Heights Police Department says it all.

I'm still going with Peoria, Gary, and E St. Louis though.

The one positive is Big Al's in Peoria...it's nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

peoria over decatur, springfield and rockford? uggggggh. enough nitpicking though, downstate is downstate for a reason.