Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Greatest NBA Shots/Moves/Runs

[ QUOTE ]

This is a good one too. Jordan coming in and getting the missed free throw in the AS game.

Here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I forgot about that. So awesome. While we're on the topic of Jordan, does any one have any montages of him just being awesome? I could go for one about now.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I forgot about that. So awesome. While we're on the topic of Jordan, does any one have any montages of him just being awesome? I could go for one about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few, but I don't know where to host them. You can PM me if you really want them.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iverson doing the crossover on Jordan in his rookie year was something to see.

This is a good one too. Jordan coming in and getting the missed free throw in the AS game.

Here.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh, that right there is a great example of why the NBA all-star game is crap. That is a blatant lane violation. If the refs didn't call that in NBA games, it would happen on every single missed free throw.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh, that right there is a great example of why the NBA all-star game is crap. That is a blatant lane violation. If the refs didn't call that in NBA games, it would happen on every single missed free throw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2005, 05:01 AM

i hate the lakers and especially kobe bryant, but his three to send game 2 of the 2003-2004 finals to OT was pretty f'n clutch. also horrys three that destroyed my kings, but that was his thing too. his shot in this years finals was pretty absurd too
Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that a lane violation? Looked to me like he entered the key after the ball left Hill's hands. Or I could be dumb and the rule is after it hits the rim.

Desmond Mason has had some great dunks in NBA games. Anyone remember Spurs/Sonics 200x playoff game when at the end Desmond does a 360 dunk? That was f'ing spectacular especially since he played a lot of the game. I believe he had a tip jam that sent a game into OT in the reg. season for the Sonics. Also I am pretty sure he has tip jam'd a freethrow from standing around the key (not running like Jordan).
Old 11-15-2005, 07:44 AM

T-Mac's does it for me... and yeah Jordan pushed off. And if you wanna get picky about lane violations, how bout we get picky on the fact that every time an NBA player touches the ball he takes 3 steps then dribbles?

But one of my all time favorite moments... wasn't a play. Shaq takes a HUGE swing at Barkley (at that point a Rocket, I think) and Barkley ducks, pulls his legs out from under him, and pummels the crap out of him. muy bueno.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the most memorable plays in basketball history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only because it's shown in every highlight reel. It's not all that difficult a play. Yeah, he's high in the air, but we already knew that about Jordan.

-McGee
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM

I feel so bad for all the Jordan haters. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 12:35 PM

Paul Pierce and the Celtics. Down 21 going into the fourth quarter game 3 against the Nets in the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals. (Wait, the C's were in the ECFs three years ago??) Anyway, I was supposed to be studying for a US History Test during this game, but I was watching it on mute in my room. I get severe goosebumps whenever I watch highlights from this, which can only be matched by Adam Vinatieri's snow fieldgoal. I love Boston sports.