Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - NEW UPDATE ON START UP SITE OFFER

Maybe they could let us use it for the smaller buy-in WSOP events that are televised. Its a win/win more exposurer for them. In my humble opinion if you have 200 or so players all thru the whole WSOP wearing there gear = more exposurer. Which is the sites goal to "drum up" more players
Just my 2 cents
Gene
Old 08-23-2005, 02:15 PM

If you don't make the TV final table for one of the WPT events you aren't going to get TV exposure for the company. Obviously this is different for the WSOP because the main event always has a TV table everyday. I can't see the site having a problem with players who generate less than the 16K in rake playing in smaller events. Its the same idea just on a smaller scale. We would still wear their gear and other players at the tournament would see it. Most of the players who are going to play in the 10K events are only going to expose the site to the player base at the tournament and not to a TV audience. Just something to think about or bring up to them.

Durs
Old 08-23-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see the site having a problem with players who generate less than the 16K in rake playing in smaller events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially if it's a site that hopes to get action in other places than NL holdem. You did say it was "State of the Art," right ODoyle? Does that mean they're spreading a ton of games?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:00 PM

29 cents per hand 10/20 short. includes all hands (those raked and those not)
Old 08-23-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see the site having a problem with players who generate less than the 16K in rake playing in smaller events.

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there will be a bottom baseline that a player will have to generate in rake (16K) to qualify for any event. This is aleady an incredibly low figure for almost any player to generate in 9 months time. (As I indicated in one of my other posts I would really appreciate if players would check their poker tracker stats to see what the average rake they pay at the limit they play at and convert that into the hands they would approximately need to qualify for a WSOP/WPT package. I did this with my $5/$10 SH stats it came back at only 64,000 hands, a little over 7k hands a month in 9 months, 10,667 in 6 months.

I think the only question would be, is can a player spend his credit on several lesser events instead of one main event and then perhaps carry over any remaining balance towards the next qualifying event. (Hope that makes sense) I will discuss that with them as I have already stated.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
29 cents per hand 10/20 short. includes all hands (those raked and those not)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that means a 10/20 SH player would qualify for an event in a little over 55K hands.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice work Cranium. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It seems to me, that the way this has been arranged will greatly benefit every player here.

One note to everybody. Lets all be professional about our play there and understand that it won't immediately be as good pickings as Party. If the games are in short supply, or are short handed, we should all strive to still give this new site plenty of action - and doing so is in the best interest of all of us.

No other site has offered anything remotely similar to this except the Gaming Club and True (where the qualifying period was tiny), lets not whine and cry right away if the games aren't great. I'll plug away even if they are bad, because I can see the end result. (sorry for preaching, but give it a chance)

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely and think that people will give it a chance to succeed, since we have so much to gain if it works. It did get me thinking however. Is there anything that "ODoyle's Army" can do to help drum up initial support for the site, besides bringing the army of players. Perhaps a website where participants post updates. Sort of like the blogs people post here, or even the updates Aamazon and Odoyle posted during the original challenge. This could be covered with banners of the site, or it could even be on the sites server. It could offer a "special" deal to people that sign up through them. It would also be nice to have a website dedicated to the efforts of the ODA as a sort of meeting place for participants. I would like to see this group, in addition to slogging through the required hands, work together to improve ourselves at nl tourney play. Organize nl tourneys to practice for the WSOP or WPT events, something like that.

Just rambling here, I guess, but the question remains: Prior to the WSOP events we participate in, what could ODA do to help recruit people to the site (aside from spamming the party chat [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:17 PM

In order to get more players you need a super-affiliate to jump on board. The guys from PartyRiches might be able to help. That whole site is dedicated to affiliates.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:33 PM

Here's a number for low buy-in NL players.

$0.50/$1 NL = about 7 cents a hand. ~228,500 hands to qualify.

$0.25/$0.50 NL = about 4.8 cents a hand. ~333,000 hands to qualify.

These were both taken from full ring games played on Party and Pokerroom, about 17k hands each.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:57 PM

2/4 full ring: approx. 213,000 Hands

3/6 full ring: approx 115,000 hands

I got about .075 per hand at 2/4 and .14 per hand at 3/6. My sample for 3/6 is about half the size of the 2/4.