View Poll Results: Stock market
The market be up 3 15.00%
The Market be down 3 15.00%
The Market be flat 8 40.00%
I Don't know 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Advice Needed

Okay, here's the problem. I have a class on the history of television that I've done no work in. Right now my grade in that class is a 0. It doesn't really matter though, because 95% of the grade comes from a 20-page term paper that is due on Friday by noon at the absolute latest. I have not started the aformentioned paper. Here's the thing. I cut a deal with my counselor so that no matter what grades I get this semester, I'll get to keep my scholarship in the fall. The thing is, I'll still have to bring my GPA up to a certain point by the end of the fall to keep my scholarship for the spring. Obviously if I fail this class that will be harder to do than if I pass it. But at the same time, I just don't want to kill myself writing this thing. If you think I should write the paper, please give me an idea of what I should write it on. Possible topics include the progression of women's roles in television, the cultural significance of theme songs, etc.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Advice Needed

I don't know what you should write it on, but I know you should write it.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 AM

you've done no work but have you gone to class?

if not then don't write it. you'll get a horrible grade either way
Old 04-28-2005, 02:20 AM

I think that this would be an interesting topic.

The Honeymooners Effect: How fat bald men always end up with beautiful wives.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:20 AM

write about cop shows... u know, which one you think is the best ever!

FishNChips
Old 04-28-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is I only missed three or four classes. I just didn't write any of the assigned papers. If I write this paper then I'll definitely make at least a B, the teacher is awesome and lenient.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:27 AM

Dude you can write about so many different things. And 20 pages is nothing. Just get articles and quote the hell out of them. It's not plagarism if you quote them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just find some articles and say why they are wrong or why they are right. Do a search on Jstor or Lexis to find articles on different topics. Or find some books as well. You can easily knock this out and definitely worth it. Turning in something is better than nothing. Failing this class is WAY -EV in the long term. You [censored] up, but make it up.

Saying you don't want to kill yourself writing this paper is retarded. It's like 2 days of work. BFD. Grow a pair dude, honestly. And trusting your counselor is a bad idea. She might not have the influence you think she does. Why put this kind of thing in jeopardy??

Just get it done! Write something on cartoons. The influence of the Simpsons, South Park, Futurama, King of the Hill, etc on our culture. There are millions on articles on South Park on both sides. Say how it is great entertainment for adults but promotes horrible social values for kids who are bound to see it. Talk about the onus it puts on parents to be more responsible for what there children watch. I could bs 20 pages on that and you dont' even have to as there are tons of articles on it already. Do some searches and get it done!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you can write about so many different things. And 20 pages is nothing. Just get articles and quote the hell out of them. It's not plagarism if you quote them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just find some articles and say why they are wrong or why they are right. Do a search on Jstor or Lexis to find articles on different topics. Or find some books as well. You can easily knock this out and definitely worth it. Turning in something is better than nothing. Failing this class is WAY -EV in the long term. You [censored] up, but make it up.

Saying you don't want to kill yourself writing this paper is retarded. It's like 2 days of work. BFD. Grow a pair dude, honestly. And trusting your counselor is a bad idea. She might not have the influence you think she does. Why put this kind of thing in jeopardy??

Just get it done! Write something on cartoons. The influence of the Simpsons, South Park, Futurama, King of the Hill, etc on our culture. There are millions on articles on South Park on both sides. Say how it is great entertainment for adults but promotes horrible social values for kids who are bound to see it. Talk about the onus it puts on parents to be more responsible for what there children watch. I could bs 20 pages on that and you dont' even have to as there are tons of articles on it already. Do some searches and get it done!

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to this guy
Old 04-28-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i majored in broadcasting and classes like this are notorious for how little you need to actually go and pay attention to pull off a 20 page paper. this is how i got through college, writing these things at the last minute.

is creativity an option with this guy? my 4-page paper on different types of news was a 4-page script of 4 hitmen arguing about the newspaper vs. cnn. it wrote itself in like an hour.

i have no topic ideas right now, but when you settle on one post it and i'll see if i have any info for ya.

good luck
Old 04-28-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you should write it on, but I know you should write it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, get it the hell done.