Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 04:21 AM

Default Can you multitable stud?

I've been trying to determine this, and I seem to find it very very difficult.

In Omaha and HE, all the necessary information comes from your cards and the math involved given any particular situation.

But in Stud, some of the necessary information comes from other players' up cards. Every time someone folds and you don't get to see what they folded, you lose out on crucial info that could determine whether calling, raising, or folding is correct.

How have others faired at multi-tabling?
Old 11-06-2004, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Can you multitable stud?

It probably depends somewhat on the level you are playing stud at. In the lower limits no one makes very many sophisticated plays, which makes it somewhat easier. I can easily view two tables without overlap on my monitor, so i find it pretty easily to multitable two tables of stud (esp stud8 as i play less total hands). Two stud8 and one holdem is also reasonable, but i don't know how many people could do 3 or 4 tables of stud like they can with holdem. Another reason the lower limits are great is that the play is looser, so people are sticking around longer. This definitely gives you a much better chance to see and remember all the cards before they are folded.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:30 AM

i've tried it a bit, and at certain times it's pretty easy because you're folding most of the time anyways so you're usually only playing one hand at once. but there might be a time where you have to play 3 hands at once and it becomes impossible to keep track of the upcards on all the tables. i suppose there are some who would be able to do that, but i can't, so if i'm ever playing stud online i'm keeping it to 2 tables maximum.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:00 PM

I've been able to multi table stud if I'm very focused. If I'm playing a hand, I decide what cards I'm tracking on 3rd and don't get the rest.

IE: I have AA-x..I'm memorizing A, x, and any flush draw I have. I concede the rest of the information to my sanity.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:57 PM

I multitable stud-8, but I wouldn't do it in high-only stud where the upcards are much more important and where you're more likely to be involved in hands in more than one table at a time.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:03 AM

I play two tables of stud and one hold 'em constantly. The S [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], R [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], C [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and D [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on my keyboard are customized and I use them to represent the suits (R for hearts for proximal reasons.) I use notepad to constantly record on one table, and pay closer attention to the other one. If you type quickly, you will find this easy after a bit of practice. There are also programs that record the exposed cards for you. You cannot underestimate the value of the five to ten hole cards that have been folded by fifth when you make a decision. Hope this helps.

Penetrater
Old 11-08-2004, 12:35 PM

I pretty much play only stud games at pokerstars and I am easily able to play 3 games at ones.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:29 PM

I normally do only this...perhaps I do make note if any upcards are dulicated...but I stop at that.

How much more than A, x, flush cards do you memorize when you are only 1 tabling??
Old 11-08-2004, 02:31 PM

do you record ranks as well as suits...or just suits??