Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 09:41 PM

Default cheating online

I'm in Seattle after a poker cruise to Alaska. I've been going to an internet cafe/coffee shop nearby for my daily caffinee fix and email.

Today there were several 20-something around me and I easedropped on their conversations:

girl: Do I know you?

young guy#1: Yeah, you're Lisa.

girl: What's my last name?

young guy#1: I don't know, but it doesn't matter does it?

girl: No. Now I know I slept with you.

young guy#1: yeah

50 year old guy(me): Can I get a rag over here to clean my cafe mocha off my monitor? Could you bring some kleenex too?

As I'm paying after I'm done I see that the two young guys are playing on UB.

Young guy#1: Ok, you just call. <pause> Now I'll raise a little <pause> Now you can go to town.

girl: Hey, isn't that cheating?

Young guy#1: You don't understand poker.

MS Sunshine
Old 08-22-2005, 09:43 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: cheating online

Ahh, did you get screen names?

BTW, are you in long enough to say hello?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:45 PM

So they were both playing on one computer on one person's account, or were they colluding on two accounts?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:53 PM

They each had their own accounts. It seemed that they really weren't friends, but young guy#1 was showing the other guy how to cheat online.

No, I didn't see their screen names or know the buyin they were playing.

MS Sunshine
Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 PM

Tonight's my last night.

I did a hiking excursion in Tongass NF while in Sitka with four other guys I didn't know. One was a young 2+2er that plays $3-6 LH part-time and had cashed out his BR, $15K, to take his family on this cruise. We talk poker most of the hike until I lost my breath and almost passed out.

MS Sunshine
Old 08-22-2005, 10:28 PM

What is the point of posting this? Did you want to publically annoucne to everyone that you dont have the stones to take action when you should? We already know there is collusion at some level of the game, no news there. The question is how to stop it. If he is teaching collusion, get ur ass in there and find out all the info you can. They are probably happy to "teach" you. Show interest, while they are showing you how to do this, get their BR's taken.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:47 PM

It is tough for me to not to agree with you. It is everyone's job to help keep poker clean. Why didn't I care today? I'm on vacation. I'm in love. It's on a site I don't care about. It's most likely some $25 max buyin game. It's not worth my time. I'm not getting $$ to be confrontional today.

As to the stones comment, my r/l job was a poker supervisor. I caught and kicked out many players cheating. It was the enjoyable part of the job.

MS Sunshine
Old 08-22-2005, 10:53 PM

yeah, didnt mean to be so hard on ya... and at least u see my point. I been getting killed today and hate cheaters, the combo makes me wish i would of been there to shut that [censored] down, and a little edgy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I play in coffee shops rather frequently and have never even seen another poker player out there.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight's my last night.

I did a hiking excursion in Tongass NF while in Sitka with four other guys I didn't know. One was a young 2+2er that plays $3-6 LH part-time and had cashed out his BR, $15K, to take his family on this cruise. We talk poker most of the hike until I lost my breath and almost passed out.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, that would be me, and I'm a "young" 41 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ya was a GREAT hike, I learned alot of poker stuff! Really appreciated all the info we discussed.. NL ring, pokertracker, playerview, finding fish, and much much more. Some excellent lessons, sorry I nearly talked you to death [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Alaska rainforest didn't suck either hehe.

Ya I cashed out my bankroll, now starting over with only $500 online, playing 1/2 6-max games (5 bb/hr lately woohoo) so shouldn't be too long before I'm climbing my way back up. Next time I won't "waste" my roll on things like a once-in-a-lifetime cruise spare no expense while celebrating a 20 year wedding anniversary with the wife.

take care... Allen