Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Mr Drunk LAG vs Lawrence...Round 3!!!!

So Mr. Drunk LAG is having a decent a night, he's getting some good cards, still 3-betting me a lot with Ax suited, KJ offsuit and any pocket pair usually above 55. If Mr. Drunk has any pair he is unbluffable and will call you down for 2304203403 raises.

It's a 20-40 hand, the game is for the most part 70 percent loose aggressive thanks to Mr. Drunk here.

In this particular Mr. Drunk is about 3 seats to right and I have the button. I look down and J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 limpers to Mr. Drunk who surprisingly decides to limp as well. 1 more limper to me, I limp. SB calls, BB checks. 6 to see the flop

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

All check to me on the flop so I bet it out.

Only Mr. Drunk calls. This means he's on some weird draw. At this point I figure it might be a gutshot maybe Q10, J10, but not Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or else he would bet the flop with such a monstrous draw.

Turn comes a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Mr. Drunk shoots out a weak bet. I raise, Mr. Drunk calls.

River comes a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Mr. Drunk bets again. Alright, 9 Big bets in the pot right by the river, 1 more big bet for me who has somewhat decent kicker bottom pair to call. No brainer right!?

So I call. I lose. Mr. Drunk has Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and his kicker is good.

Someone on the table decided they wanted to know what I could have raised Mr. Drunk the Unbluffable with so they ask to see my gorgeous hand. The dealer turns it over and the whole table goes ooo...ahhh..and "Lawrence, what the [censored] are you doing raising with a draw and bottom pair, and calling on the river..yadda..yadda.." Guy in seat one goes over to the satellite table and tells his wife, "Lawrence has finally lost it..."

Surprisingly the only one on the table who isn't juicing me or trying to snicker a damn ugly comment is the Drunk himself. He just takes the pot and eagerly waits to raise the next hand.. God love him.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Mr Drunk LAG vs Lawrence...Round 3!!!!

I don't like your turn raise against this player.

I like it against a tight aggressive player who'd fold a K here more than likely, or perhaps even a weak ace. Not too many would fold the ace, but the K, yes.

Why not wait til the river to see if you get there and then put in the raise? (I know it was a semi-bluff, but don't semi-bluff the unbluffable...) You went 2 bets on the wrong street.

I would have called on the river too, if it makes you feel better.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it against a tight aggressive player who'd fold a K here more than likely, or perhaps even a weak ace. Not too many would fold the ace, but the K, yes.

Why not wait til the river to see if you get there and then put in the raise? (I know it was a semi-bluff, but don't semi-bluff the unbluffable...) You went 2 bets on the wrong street.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn raise was iffy. But at the time I couldn't put him on an Ace or King as he would have bet out the flop with any pair on that board. He's not the kind of player who gets fancy by check-calling top, or second pair and then shoot a bet on the turn.

I thought I had him on the turn with my Jack kicker. He could have very likely had 78,79,7-10, even 57 or turned some weird backdoor straight draw.

The river was an easy call with so many bets in the pot against a super wide range of drawing hands that I could put him on.

Thanks for the feedback B.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:59 AM

Can i get a ride to this game?

Tuco.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:23 AM

I agree with every street except I fold pre-flop.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:43 AM

Really you flod PF, behind like 1,000 limpers? What about J8s, J9s, what would you cut off be?
Dave
Old 11-07-2004, 04:48 AM

Thats a really funny story man. I love it, keep em coming.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:57 PM

I'll play suited connectors and one-gappers. I'd probably raise with J-9s.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:22 PM

Played well, shame he edged you.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:50 PM

Hi Andy,

May I ask why you would play J-9 or J-8 suited, but not J-7 suited in this situation?

Thanks,

Lawrence