Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Another fine Texan for MMMMMM\'s approval

Waco Man Arrested After Desecrating Memorial
'Camp Casey' to move closer to President Bush's Texas ranch

by OfficialWire NewsDesk

CRAWFORD, TX -- (OfficialWire) -- 08/17/05 -- Larry Northern (shown here), has been charged with a felony criminal mischief count after allegedly driving his pickup truck over wooden crosses erected near the roadside campsite of Cindy Sheehan and her supporters—Camp Casey.

A row of the memorial crosses, which carry the names of U.S. soldiers killed during the Iraq war, were destroyed when Northern, a Waco resident is said to have driven his truck (dragging a pipe and chains) over them.

According to court records, Northern, 59, was released after posting $3,000 bail. Sheehan said protesters would ask for a restraining order to keep the driver away from their camp.

Northern is a Waco realtor and gun enthusiast who has served as president of his local gun club.

source

The "grass roots" culprit:

Old 08-18-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Another fine Texan for MMMMMM\'s approval

Here is the important question?

How many generations inbred is he?

My guess is 3.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:24 PM

Default ACLU wins again

This guy obviously works for the ACLU. Crosses visible from a public road are clearly a church/state issue.

He did the heavy work to save the courts from having to deal with this. The ACLU wins again.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: ACLU wins again

[ QUOTE ]
This guy obviously works for the ACLU. Crosses visible from a public road are clearly a church/state issue.

He did the heavy work to save the courts from having to deal with this. The ACLU wins again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious. I see you broke out the "A" material tonite.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he makes a good point. These people are erecting crosses on other people's property. Why is that allowed? If someone went on your property and erected religious symbols, wouldn't you have problems with that?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he makes a good point. These people are erecting crosses on other people's property. Why is that allowed? If someone went on your property and erected religious symbols, wouldn't you have problems with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't raise a good point. Even assuming your premise is correct, what gave this uninvoled third party the right to do what he did?

I'll give you a hint: the answer is "nothing".
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, a few of Bush's neighbors in Crawford have given the protestors permission to use their land.

Obviously, if one of the neighbors was upset about protestors on their property, they could call the police and have the protestors forcibly removed.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, he doesn't raise a good point. Even assuming your premise is correct, what gave this uninvoled third party the right to do what he did?

I'll give you a hint: the answer is "nothing".

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say I approved of this guy's actions? I don't. The point is about people erecting their religious symbols on other people's property. The ACLU should come in and stop this outrage.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did I say I approved of this guy's actions? I don't. The point is about people erecting their religious symbols on other people's property. The ACLU should come in and stop this outrage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that the 'other people' you're referring to have given the protestors permission to use their land.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Another fine Texan for MMMMMM\'s approval

OK Lou I think this one has some real potential. Where would you like the approval papers sent?