Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Top two pair on the flop: 3 bet before it gets to me

Standard loose 2/4 table I have no reads to go with. I flop top two pair and it ends up getting 3 bet on the flop. Did I make the right move on the flop and whats my plan when the turn card comes?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ....
Old 06-27-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Top two pair on the flop: 3 bet before it gets to me

This seems like the day for heavy-action hands.

Well, jeez, what can everyone have that it's three bets to you when you have top two? I'm thinking there may not be many cards left that will give you a boat.

Would a turn raise be for value? I don't know. You did just pick up a lot of additional potential outs, and I suppose your hand might be best. I'm really kind of worried UTG+2 has 55, though, unless he's going nuts with AA/QQ now after not raising preflop (I do see that from time to time). Your flop cap didn't seem to bother him.

Anyway, if you're best and SB has a hand like AJ/AT and will dump it (despite having picked up a gutshot to go with his pair), that would be a good thing, but that's a lot of ifs, too.

I think I like just calling at this point.

Then I'd raise the river if I made my flush or a boat.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:33 AM

I call.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:38 AM

I'm definetly raising this. You are ahead of KQ, two diamonds, AJ, QJ, a slow-played QQ, badly played AA or KK. Blinds hands you are beating T5 and J5.

The only real potential hands you are losing to are KJ, a set or a well played Q9, and you still have the flush draw.

I'd cap this turn if you are 3-bet and get a cheap showdown on any diamond or straight scare card, and cap it on anything else.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is with your avatar? Some people browse this forum from work, and you're putting that up?!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definetly raising this. You are ahead of KQ, two diamonds, AJ, QJ, a slow-played QQ, badly played AA or KK. Blinds hands you are beating T5 and J5.

The only real potential hands you are losing to are KJ, a set or a well played Q9, and you still have the flush draw.

I'd cap this turn if you are 3-bet and get a cheap showdown on any diamond or straight scare card, and cap it on anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This seems very, very optimistic to me.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:56 AM

should I change it? When looking for a new avatar, I stumbled upon it and couldn't stop laughing.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
should I change it? When looking for a new avatar, I stumbled upon it and couldn't stop laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. It'd be Not WorkSafe at my old company.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:10 AM

Voice your opinion here.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. It'd be Not WorkSafe at my old company.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're at it -- I didn't notice what your avatar was for a while, but I thought it was hilarious once I got it =P. Schneids is better, though.

As for the hand, I'm pretty lost. I'd probably call, cuz I don't think my 2 pair is good right now.