Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Cindy Sheehan

[ QUOTE ]
The worst thing is that she has completely disgraced her fallen son.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

He's dead. I don't think he cares.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Kidluckee pwned by Ann Coulter

That post soulds like something Kim Il Jong would say.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Kidluckee pwned by Ann Coulter

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, guys, Coulter's showing you up. At least when she described Sheehan's behavior as "Stalinist agitprop", a viable case could be made that Sheehan is engaging in this style of propaganda.

From wikipedia:

"The term 'agitprop' is now used more generically to refer to any form of mass media, such as a television program or film, that tries to influence opinion for political, commercial or other ends, especially if it aims to convince people through agitating their minds with highly emotional language of problems in present-day society or politics (which may or may not exist if analysed in an unbiased manner). Most people alive today now see "agitprop" as a contraction of agitational propaganda."

Now I think it's practically a given that Sheehan is using highly emotional language and is trying to incite others to action through her statements and actions. Thus the term 'agitprop' fits quite nicely. I believe the Stalinist reference was thrown in for those reading who would not now the origins of agitprop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Coulter is hilarious, just sad when people take her serious. But anyways my point is that Stalin would be jealous at the effectivness of the conservative "agitprop" machine today.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:02 PM

I can't stand Coulter. But she makes a good point regarding moral authority of dead soldiers' mothers. They shouldn't dictate policy and can't as there are differing viewpoints.

And Bush has said all along she has the right to her views. Though I disagree with Bush on the war I don't see why he needs to meet with Sheehan again. There are more people in the antiwar movement who will make a greater impact (if that's possible) on Bush than she would.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand Coulter. But she makes a good point regarding moral authority of dead soldiers' mothers. They shouldn't dictate policy and can't as there are differing viewpoints.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your contention that one grieving mother shouldn't dictate policy, but to my understanding that isn't Sheehan's intention. All along, she has said that she only wants Bush to answer one question: "What is the noble cause that my son died for?"

If I am wrong about this point, please correct me.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 PM

A foothold in the Middle East+securing oil. Both of these elements will be vital to ensure the survival of America and the liberty and freedom it embodies in the third World War between the US and China. I mean, common, when was the last century where there wasnt a massive world war or several? Do you think the 21st century is any different? No. Do you think the US helps itself or hurts itself by isolating itself, especially in such vital areas containing vital resources such as the Middle East?.

And if that war doesnt happen, oh well, we ousted a murderous dictator.

-Matt
Old 08-23-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A foothold in the Middle East+securing oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember Bush mentioning that. After the WMD goal debacle, I heard the goal was to plant the seed of democracy and watch freedom spread throughout the region. OOoops, I guess the new constitution kind of messed up that goal.

On to the next goal! Keep fighting brave soldiers, you are fighting for some noble cause that we'll let you know about after we figure it out ourselves!

-ptmusic
Old 08-23-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would take "bashing" as a form of a personal attack, like "Cindy Sheehan is a bad person who deserves to rot". I've yet to read any such bashing of this woman, with Coulter coming the closest, although I'd consider what Coulter wrote more of a bashing of liberals in general than of Cindy specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm bookmarking this one. It speaks volumes.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All along, she has said that she only wants Bush to answer one question: "What is the noble cause that my son died for?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting. "I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.thereporter.com/republished/ci_2923921

Her question as been answered in dozens of speeches and in person. It sounds like she just wants some face time, either for her or her movement. Does anyone really believe Sheehan would accept any possible answer that Bush might have for her question?

I wonder if she truly grasps how arrogant her demand for a second meeting is when there are hundreds of families who have yet to recieve one. I have a hard time believing that she hasn't thought of that. And I think this may be one of the reasons she is losing traction with America and the press.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew this thread would turn into a flame-Ann Coulter thread,

[/ QUOTE ]

Come, now sir, is it even possible for any discussion amongst logical poeople of Ann Coulter to not turn into Ann Coulter flaming?