Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: MMMMMM Advocates Violence Against Americans

there needs to be more bannings not fewer.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Using ALL CAPS doesn\'t strengthen your position

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I really don’t remember many of his posts. All I can say is nothing sticks out in my mind as being outrageous,...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Myrtle: here, for your reading pleasure, are a few posts from the most easily searchable short recent time frame.

Such posts might be likely to stick in somebody's mind, at least. Here he launches personal attacks on Zeno, adios, Broken Glass Can, and myself. This isn't rare stuff, but fairly standard fare--and this type of posting pattern has gone on for years.

[ QUOTE ]
jokerswild
addict
Reged: 06/12/03

zeno-proud murderer of Muslims.....
06/08/05 03:02 PM

and other Bush perceived sub-humans. A true fascist pig!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
jokerswild
addict

fact: adios is the reincarnation of ernst rohm
05/25/05 04:58 AM

no further comment is needed

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
jokerswild
addict

Hey Ernst Rohm...don't you realize
06/18/05 02:03 AM

that your fuhrer wants to put you and MMMMM's kind in gitmo too? He believesw that men that have sex with men are sub-human, damned to hell, and deserve the treatment that they get.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
jokerswild
addict

what's wrong with Mein Kempf? DOh..idiots.........
06/14/05 04:37 AM

the fascist posts as usual from racist people like MMMM., adios, broken Glass Can, and a few other coward hawks is just sickening.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, Myrtle, maybe you'll see why I felt like one serious warning was enough before banning, after he went even further; and why I didn't feel the need to recuse myself. Do you really think recusement is needed for this kind of stuff? Well, maybe you still won't agree. Anyway, I just felt like showing you these posts.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 AM

m, you can stop debating the retards now. no one with half a working brain has a problem with the banning. no need to defend yourself.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
m, you can stop debating the retards now. no one with half a working brain has a problem with the banning. no need to defend yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that name-calling is on the decrease under the MMMMMM regime. I look forward to seeing how this trangression is haqndled.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that name-calling is on the decrease under the MMMMMM regime. I look forward to seeing how this trangression is haqndled.

[/ QUOTE ]

LL....I hear what you're saying, but I, for one, cannot hold M directly responsible for what others say. That's just not fair.

My whole point in this exchange with M has been that there are bigger issues here. He seems to disagree, and that's also ok. Other folks also agree with him.

I will call into the discussion again, however, the fact that those in any position of power have a responsibility to be extremely mindfull surrounding the climate that their particular point of view can encourage.

I also have no problem with the name calling, as I happen to feel that people are entitiled to their opinion.

These kinds of posts/exchanges seem to mostly end up the same way. Snappy, dismissive one-line put downs of someone who's posts you disagree with. I find it to not be coincidental that this type of thinking is reflective of whatever ethic seems to be in favor at a particular time, regardless of the political leaning.

That's pretty sad, IMO, but lemmings have been running of off cliffs for ages.....Why should today be any different?

FWIW, I think that it shows an incomplete understanding of human dynamics and politics in general. We're all human, and when the thickness of our skin gets so thin that it overrides our ability to be objective & fair, there is generally a price that we pay somewhere down the line.

There are many folks who think that they already have all of the answers. Their closed-mindedness and surety of their position scares me.

It's a bit like poker: there are many who are preponderantly results oriented. To them, that's the only thing that matters. So be it.

To me, it's all about making correct decisions, and learning from your mistakes. Your game gets better, and the EV will eventually take care of itself.

Another way of saying the same thing is that it is the journey that matters, not the destination. Hell, we all know what our destination is, don't we? As far as I'm concerned, it's the path that we take to get there that really matters.

Once anyone loses their capacity to be open minded, they are stuck in time.

For those who want to expand their horizons, I would suggest sitting back and reading some Gibbons, Dickens and Orwell. Perhaps that might open some new avenues.

Or, one can take the position of Madame LaFarge......just sit there and knit more names into the scarf, contentedly smug in the surety of their position.

That's what free will is all about.....You pays your money and you takes your chances.......
Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will call into the discussion again, however, the fact that those in any position of power have a responsibility to be extremely mindfull surrounding the climate that their particular point of view can encourage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh, he's the moderator of the politics subforum of a poker message board. He banned someone in clear violation of his announced standards and the board's terms and conditions. How can this be controversial?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhhh, he's the moderator of the politics subforum of a poker message board. He banned someone in clear violation of his announced standards and the board's terms and conditions. How can this be controversial?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's hilarious that someone gets banned for calling someone a fascist.

How are we gonna replace that kind of comedy?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's hilarious that someone gets banned for calling someone a fascist.

How are we gonna replace that kind of comedy?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be funny if that was why he got banned, but that's not why. I guess it's still a little funny, though.

If you have any other ideas for how we might engineer some real-life cyber-humor on this board, I'd be happy to listen (they don't have to involve bannings, by the way;-)). If so, PM me so as not to ruin the surprise for everyone else.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Couldn\'t JW at least post naked ?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to say a couple things. My personal political views are quite radical. If I was king, we'd all be walking around as naked hippies. I'm serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
As far as Joker is concerned, consider him banned by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I guess you must have missed the noun after "radical".

I mean, I have not seen such empty radicalism since Tom Wolfe mau-mau'd the flak catchers.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: MMMMMM Advocates Violence Against Americans

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Deportation is a forced relocation. The FORCE part of that is what makes it a violent act.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same could be said for any law enforcement activity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, basically. I don't really have an opinion about your idea of deportation, I haven't really even read it. I was just pointing out to jaxmike that deportation is violent, regardless of anyone's citizenship status.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally and completely disagree. Deportation is CERTAINLY not violent.

Deportation is a way of dealing with people who are in a nation illegally or in a nation and causing problems of some sort.

Whether the person is there legally or not is immaterial. When you enter the US for example, you either do so legally or illegally. If you do so legally, you do so under very specific conditions. Violating any of those conditions may be grounds for deportation. I suggest you reexamine what people agree to when they enter this country (legally) before claiming that deportation is violent.

Furthermore, I think you have to understand the context of the word forced. Would you say that its violent if there is a hurricane coming and everyone was forced to evacuate the coast? It is a forced evacuation, but to consider it violent i believe is a stretch. I understand the point you are trying to make, however, you point is misguided at best and flat out ridiculous at worst.