Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Flow of action

Props to J.A. Sucker for pointing this out. The few times I am pretty sure I have been cheated, the flow of action was very strange. If you understand the game you are playing, you should understand what this means (as it varies from game to game). I will say that you are in more danger playing games like stud or omaha than hold em.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Flow of action

In stud, always put your upcards over the downcards. Before the third card comes out, cup your hand and look at your hole cards, then put the upcard over it - completely. That's what I do, and it feels like a good idea.

On the internet, if you are colluding (even with yourself), omaha and stud, especially high-low games, would be where I'd cheat. More cards, more information, and more dominating cards to know about. Props to dudes playing high limit PLO on the internet - you are much braver and trusting than I.

Any time the game doesn't feel right, you're the live one. Either you are tilting, outclassed, or are being cheated. It doesn't really matter at that instant - you're going to go broke, so just quit. You should take note of the players in the game, though. If things always get fishy with certain folks, then you need to figure out what is going on or find a new game. Just some common sense, but I don't think many people have as much of it as they think.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any time the game doesn't feel right, you're the live one. Either you are tilting, outclassed, or are being cheated. It doesn't really matter at that instant - you're going to go broke, so just quit. You should take note of the players in the game, though. If things always get fishy with certain folks, then you need to figure out what is going on or find a new game. Just some common sense, but I don't think many people have as much of it as they think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record. I have heard from multiple reliable sources that the stars 75 games is almost openly colluded. Flow of action was my first clue.

I use your stud tip as well.

I was talking to Gavin Smith in Aruba and we agreed on a 2v2, 5k freezeout collusion match. Me and Nomar versus him and some other guy. Should be fun.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just for the record. I have heard from multiple reliable sources that the stars 75 games is almost openly colluded. Flow of action was my first clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone must have forgotten to tell Greg, because he's in the game right now.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:57 PM

Greg who? If it's Greg Mueller. Tell that Canadian I'm coming from him. That game is certainly still beatable as there are far more non colluders than colluders. But when a group of 4-6 players brag about how they are beating the game sharing hole cards, you better pick your spots.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Raymer.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best advice I've ever read on 2+2. Belongs in a FAQ somewhere.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Doyle\'s a scumbag?

I met Doyle recently cos I won a wsop seat thru his site. Super nice guy and he had time to be nice and chat to even a numpty like me when everyone else wanted a piece of his time. So I give him credit. That's all I know. Screw gossip.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I met Doyle recently cos I won a wsop seat thru his site. Super nice guy and he had time to be nice and chat to even a numpty like me when everyone else wanted a piece of his time. So I give him credit. That's all I know. Screw gossip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he was nice to you when you qualified via his site.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he was nice to you when you qualified via his site.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was nice to everyone that wanted to stop him for a word or autograph.