Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: EMPIRE 100% to $300 10x 300MATCH

[ QUOTE ]
When I'm hurrying and mutitabling I play low limits and don't pay enough rake to cover the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually think about this before you typed it? Minimum rake is .50. You have to play 6,000 raked hands to clear this bonus. Therefore, the hands you play are going to create at least $3,000 for Empire. So, if EVERY PLAYER AT THE TABLE is clearing bonus in every raked hand you play AND the rake only reaches the minimum level on each of those hands this is EV-neutral for Empire.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I'm hurrying and mutitabling I play low limits and don't pay enough rake to cover the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually think about this before you typed it? Minimum rake is .50. You have to play 6,000 raked hands to clear this bonus. Therefore, the hands you play are going to create at least $3,000 for Empire. So, if EVERY PLAYER AT THE TABLE is clearing bonus in every raked hand you play AND the rake only reaches the minimum level on each of those hands this is EV-neutral for Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]

rake at NL is 5c per 1.00 and starts at 1.00
Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 AM

You guys crack me up. Two categories:

Spoiled children: "I can't believe they actually expect me to play 20x raked hands in 10 days to clear this! F*** Empire, I'm cashing all my money out, now!"

Chicken Littles: "Yep, this is the end for Empire. They aren't going to have any customers left after an offer like this."

Who remembers the first time that Empire/Party told us we'd have to play 10x hands instead of 7x? And that we'd have 7 days to clear it instead of 14? And that you can't cash out within 14 days before the bonus starts (oh, wait, that's gone, now)? With each of these changes people were screaming, and threatening to never play there again. And the next time around, those same people accepted the same bonus. Because you're all whores, get over yourselves.

As for the predicted death of Empire, c'mon, seriously? The past year or so all the skins were testing the market, framing their bonii to see just how far they could push, to make as much money for themselves as possible, which is their mission, after all. Now there's been a major market upheaval, and they have to redefine what they can do. When was the last time Empire or any of the skins offered 2 bonii in the same half-month? Everyone played the first one, I doubt many will play this one, and next month Empire will come back with something like 50% up to $100 at 13x and 15 days to clear it and you'll all be drooling over it. Again, because you're whores, get over yourselves.

(Just a reminder: everybody remember the crap-ass "bonus" offers that Party made right before the schism, and how angry everyone was? And now, a full 3 weeks later, you can find 7 places in this thread where people are talking about how wonderful Party is. I've changed my mind; you're whores with the attention spans of fruit flies on meth. Get over yourselves.)
Old 10-18-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rake at NL is 5c per 1.00 and starts at 1.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he said low limits, I assumed he was playing LHE...me and my myopic limit world. I wonder how much of the clientele is made up of limit vs. no-limit players...of course, I'm sure that's part of what they're trying to figure out, too.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've changed my mind; you're whores with the attention spans of fruit flies on meth. Get over yourselves.)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is your problem? Do bonuses cut into your affiliate kickbacks?

All people are saying is theres no reason to play a 20X bonus for $300 when you can play a 10X for $600 elsewhere.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've changed my mind; you're whores with the attention spans of fruit flies on meth. Get over yourselves.)

[/ QUOTE ]

All people are saying is theres no reason to play a 20X bonus for $300 when you can play a 10X for $600 elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. No, not at all, I'm just pointing out that each time one of these changes comes up, everybody gets their panties all in a bunch, and a month later they don't care any more.

And, that's not all they're saying. They're also saying that they can't believe that Empire would be so rude as to do something like this, that they're never going to play at Empire again, and that this is going to cause Empire to go out of business. I'm pointing out that, with the possible exception of the first point (because I can't really gauge the personal reaction engendered by such an offer), none of this is true.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are a dime a dozen, aren't they.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for nothing, and certainly not to question your analytical skills, but if I were an affiliate and bonii were cutting into my kickbacks, wouldn't I be on board with you arguing against the bonii?

And, just to clarify, I'm not going to play this bonus, either...20x hands is ridiculous, especially for micro-limit players who are going to have to play closer to 40-60x to clear it. Everybody's reaction to it still makes me laugh, though.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are a dime a dozen, aren't they.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, I have to fight my way through all the people lined up outside my house throwing cash at me when I come in, before I can even get to my computer to try and clear these. And those quarters and half-dollars HURT...they used to throw paper-money, but then realized that the wind was blowing it all down to the white-trash em-effer that lives next door.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the predicted death of Empire, c'mon, seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, seriously.