Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Would you vote for Hillary Clinton as President ?

I wouldn't. I don't understand why we have to break this barrier down about having a woman as president. I wouldn't vote for her anyway because I usually vote republican, though. I doubt I'd ever for a woman for president.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Would you vote for Hillary Clinton as President ?

Im a democrat and i might even vote for A woman.

but, no

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 04:29 PM

No. I don't want another globalist in the White House.

That said, I would vote for her twice for Senator against Jeannine Piroo if I could.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM

If Rice were to run as a Republican I would consider voting for her, dont know her stance on economic issues yet but I like her foreign policy.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:06 PM

No, I would not.

Here's my worry: it's not the fact she's a woman...truly, it's not. I, personally, have not forgiven her for trying to socialize American medicine. But, that's not to say I don't believe a woman is fit to be President. Far from it...I would like to see a woman who could duke it out with the men she'd be running against, and win. Unfortunately, I think she's going to make the fact she is a woman the issue, and frankly, all men are going to have to convince the mob mentality of women at-large that Hillary is a bad representative...I just worry about her getting elected strictly because she's a woman, rather than for her policies.

The Presidency itself does not care. If we determine that a woman is the best person for the job, then so be it. But, Hillary is not it.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I think she's going to make the fact she is a woman the issue

[/ QUOTE ]

What leads you to believe that?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:30 PM

Because I would, if I were her. I don't mean she'll come out and say it, but she is smart enough to get the point across, IMHO. I don't believe Hillary is anything but frightfully intelligent. She is a very savvy politician, and she knows that if she can position herself as the unabashedly FEMALE candidate, women will flock to the voting booths.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I would, if I were her. I don't mean she'll come out and say it, but she is smart enough to get the point across, IMHO. I don't believe Hillary is anything but frightfully intelligent. She is a very savvy politician, and she knows that if she can position herself as the unabashedly FEMALE candidate, women will flock to the voting booths.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most female voters are a little more sophisticated than that in their voting decisions. Can't think too many of them would vote for Hillary simply because she's a woman. In what ways would she 'get the point across' without coming out and saying it?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't. I don't understand why we have to break this barrier down about having a woman as president. I wouldn't vote for her anyway because I usually vote republican, though. I doubt I'd ever for a woman for president.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely, but I'm not ruling it out. I highly doubt I'll vote for her in the primary, but as for the main event, if she makes it, it will depend on who the Republicans nominate. There are quite a few Republican names floating around that I definitely do NOT want to vote for (mostly those with strong ties to the current administration).

BTW, I think your comment "I doubt I'd ever for a woman for president" is... how shall I put it... lame.

-ptmusic
Old 08-11-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I think she's going to make the fact she is a woman the issue, and frankly, all men are going to have to convince the mob mentality of women at-large that Hillary is a bad representative...I just worry about her getting elected strictly because she's a woman, rather than for her policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women voted for Reagan-Bush over Mondale-Ferraro in 1984. Ferraro didn't gain Mondale any more votes because she was a woman, so what makes you think that rich b*tch Hillary can draw female votes? I'd say right off the bat that she won't get more than 45% of the female vote and no more than 40% of the male vote.

If it's Hillary vs McCain in 2008, Hillary loses 41% to 58%.