Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Pokertracker, should it be this slow?

Is it normal that everything on my computer goes very, very slow when I have pokertracker running? Pages take forever to load, and just every proccess on my comp is very slow when I have it open, so it makes Party and Empire choppy when I'm playing as well... I compact it fairly often, but how big of a database is too big, in that I need to create a new one?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker, should it be this slow?

(Only a few days after bragging how well my antique computer was holding up) I started having similar lag problems and lockups.

As best as I can tell my problems are realated to the autoimport/autorate functions in poker tracker or illunous's CF script (or some combination therof). Try extending the time (on both if you are using them) to 3-5 minutes instead of every minute, this helped me quite a bit but I still have problems occasionally when they sync up and are running simultaneously.

BTW, I'm running on a sub-gigahertz processor so take that FWIW. I just bought a new box but it won't be here for another two weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

J
Old 11-10-2004, 09:59 PM

proccess on my comp is very slow when I have it open, so it makes Party and Empire choppy when I'm playing as well.

Party and Empire do not need PokerTracker's help to run slow, tyvm.

-AA
Old 11-10-2004, 10:46 PM

I noticed this. I changed PT to run at a lesser priority by default. This means PT runs slower, but everything else remains snappy.

Find the link to poker tracker, right click. Go to properties, and change target to:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "PokerTracker" /belownormal "C:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2\ptrack2.exe"</pre><hr />

(Assuming you installed PT in the default directory, and maybe it's dependant on having XP. YMMV, but it works well for me)
Old 11-10-2004, 10:53 PM

Best processor-motherboard to buy
Old 11-10-2004, 11:02 PM

Thanks, just did this:

[ QUOTE ]
Find the link to poker tracker, right click. Go to properties, and change target to:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "PokerTracker" /belownormal "C:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2\ptrack2.exe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Assuming you installed PT in the default directory, and maybe it's dependant on having XP. YMMV, but it works well for me)

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to be working better so far... hope it stays this way
Old 11-11-2004, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it normal that everything on my computer goes very, very slow when I have pokertracker running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er yes.

Just finished building a new box based an an Athlon 64FX-55 chip [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. About to see how it copes with PT.