Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Bubble Play - ITM vs Aggressive

Last night I was having a fun time in the $200k on Party. I satellited in on my first try, so was looking at about a $24 investment.

As the bubble started to approach I believe my M was in the Harrington orange zone. I have multiple opportunities to push (AQs from middle position, JJ from UTG, 99 from LP, etc.) and passed on them all to be sure to rake in the $245 ITM payout.

Of course I did make the money, but was left with 2xBB. Pushed and stole the blinds and then got kicked when my A8s ran into AQo.

I questioned my play quite a bit all day today. I vow to never again play for the bubble, but rather go for the win. Yes, I will get busted out occasionally but will give myself a real chance at $50k plus payout.

Is this the "correct" approach to bubble play? When I have a high M, I do very well attacking and being aggressive around the bubble, but I'm unsure of myself when I'm at a real risk of busting out but can be almost sure to make it if I just fold every hand.

Thoughts?