Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:56 AM

Default A5s -- Confused by HUD stats

PokerAce HUD tells me Villain is 3.7/0.0/5.0 over 54 hands.

Those stats are so weird I just called down. Anyone play this differently?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB
Old 12-02-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: A5s -- Confused by HUD stats

those stats are fairly worthless after only 50 hands, so yeah I call down too.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i play it the same. you have no kicker, but 50 hands is closer to unknown than to a good read IMO. i would call down with top pair against an unknown on what is essentially a drawless board a majority of the time. especially in what could possibly be considered a blind battle(people get goofy in defending sometimes).
Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on what is essentially a drawless board

[/ QUOTE ]

If 2 diamonds is a drawless board, what do you consider a board with draws? T98 monotone? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:42 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on what is essentially a drawless board

[/ QUOTE ]

If 2 diamonds is a drawless board, what do you consider a board with draws? T98 monotone? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. still wiping sleep out of my eyes. i kind of meant no draws came in by the river.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:05 AM

Think about he did during the 50 hands you have on him. With a VP$IP of 3.7 (not sure how this is possible unless you rounded off the number of hands) he mostly folded, this guy is a rock. I'd put him on a better ace at least, most likely a set.

It's hard to say though without actually having been there. It's just my experience especially through thousands of hours of live play that people who play this tight when entering a game will have the nuts or close to it when they make moves like this.

Is it different online? I'm not sure I just started playing at home last month.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:25 AM

I think those 54 hands are enough to declare him very tight. In more than 5 orbits, he put money in preflop only twice, correct? It would take an extreme run of trash to produce that 3.7 stat with even just a moderately tight player.

Still, I probably call down. He could easily be sitting on a decent PP instead of a big Ace. The super-rocks I've seen tend to hate to give up the few hands they play.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:36 AM

What does he play to get those stats? AA, KK, QQ, AK, and JJ? I guess 50 hands isn't much, but still... jeez.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:11 PM

I wonder if I've ever played just 2 out of 54 hands. I'd imagine it's happened. It felt like it, a couple of times.

Anyway, calling down seems fine to me. I think I'd just want to get to showdown and see what kind of cards this guy does play.

I'd imagine he has a better ace, though, and while I rarely fold a pair of aces in a blind-steal situation, I can see a case for doing so versus the flop checkraise here. But I'm pretty sure I would call down.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if I've ever played just 2 out of 54 hands. I'd imagine it's happened. It felt like it, a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, in fact for example, I played live with private joker last night, and he said he was at a must move table for something like an hour and a half and never put in money after the flop. He played like one hand from the BB (to a raise) in that time, and essentially got blinded off for about 7 or 8 BB. That kind of stretch will give you a VPIP &lt;5 over 50 hands. Sometimes the cards go dead, even for a maniac like Zach.