Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 07:28 AM

Default 2/4 hand on party advice/comments

My first hand post and not very good at it. ANyway, my reason for posting is to get feedback on how I played the hand. Obviously I lost and if I played the hand correctly and lost that's poker. However, if I played it wrong I'd like to know how so I won't make the same costly mistake again.

Thanks in advacne for any help/suggestions/comments

b]Site[/b]: PartyPoker
2/4 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls

Fourth Street
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls

Fifth Street
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls

Sixth Street
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx _____calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____calls

River
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx _____bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____folds

Results
Hero: [ Kd Ad Th Ah Ac Qh 6s ] [ three of a kind, aces -- Ad,Ah,Ac,Kd,Qh ]
Seat 6: [ 2c 4h Jd 3d Js 6h 5h ] [ a straight, two to six -- 6h,5h,4h,3d,2c ]
Old 09-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: 2/4 hand on party advice/comments

Fold 3rd.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:44 AM

sexdrugsmoney wrote:
> Fold 3rd.

..or raise. no?

The Jacks are almost dead and you have 3 live overcards here.

Aq.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sexdrugsmoney wrote:
> Fold 3rd.

..or raise. no?

The Jacks are almost dead and you have 3 live overcards here.

Aq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh ... Uh ... damn, where's Roland? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 AM

even though you are in early position, I think your 3rd street call is OK since the Jacks are dead and you have overcards to the field. unfortunately, your diamonds are semi-dead.

on 4th, you might have tried for a check raise.
Depending on who bet first, you might have been able to confront some of your opponents with calling a double bet; thereby thinning the field.

your bets on 5th & 6th seem ok to me. I would have been uneasy about apparent flush draws.

I didn't see that straight coming either. I think you played ok and he sucked out on you with a runner-runner.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 AM

If my thought process means anything.. Overcards with 3 J's so i figured a call was in order....4th street I now have top Pair and good kicker...5th street do not see how I can fold now...

On 6th and 7th Seat 8 had me concerned as I figured he was on a flush mission. Seat 6 I had no clue, the J's are dead and I'm thinking he has 2 pair and is praying for a FH....I checked 7th just in case Seat 8 flushed it'd cost me a single bet. I honestly thought Seat 6 was trying a desperate bluff here...never saw the srt8 coming
Old 09-28-2005, 09:48 AM

Yeah seat 8's flush draw scared me. Main reason I kept :"chugging along" is my case A and all my fh draws were live....
Old 09-28-2005, 09:58 AM

Fold 3rd.

Raising is bad because ::
-this is 2-4 you probably won't get away with a steal
-the antes are small so stealing is a quasi bad idea in the first place

Calling is bad because ::
-you may well create a limp fest. Which will lead to 1 of 2 situations. You have a high pair in a smallish pot with many opponents (bad with respect to a high pair vs few opponents). You have to fold on 4th unimproved
-The BI is big so calling really isn't that cheap
-You don't want to get raised and you're in EP so that could very well happen
-It would be very hard to KNOW how to play this hand if you get something like a Q or a T and you have a bunch of opponents that may or may not have anything.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 AM

The third-street call is dubious, but I usually make it too. You did well to keep hammering until the river. Bet the river. Put seat 6 on your buddy list.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 AM

Third street call is thin - if you play better than the table, it's just okay, not great. If you don't, fold it. The rest of the hand is fine, except bet the river. You'll charge two pair and, in this case, I really doubt the straight would have raised although who knows.