Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Up 20 SnG w/old acct. Down 20 SnG w/new acct. PokerProphecy the cause?

i'm 6 tabling $55 now. my old acct has 4 tables, new acct has 2 tables. Played 100 SnGs on new acct so far.

old acct still doing 40% ITM, new acct has 25% ITM. yeah, could be variance...

but how much of it could it be that players are looking up my names in pokerprophecy and giving ALOT more repect/fear for my old acct? And my new acct is viewed as a below avg player w/no respect? (It seems people are calling my bluffs more on my new acct.)
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Up 20 SnG w/old acct. Down 20 SnG w/new acct. PokerProphecy the cause?

ummmmmmmmmm I don't think anyone uses pokerprophecy, least of all the people you want to be at a table with.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Up 20 SnG w/old acct. Down 20 SnG w/new acct. PokerProphecy the ca

anyone who knows pokerprophecy well knows the results are often f'ed up. dali, irie, et al could be used to show this.
so they won't care about your ratings. and anyone who's basing their play on pokerprophecy you should beat regardless.

just watch the bluffs with those low pp [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Up 20 SnG w/old acct. Down 20 SnG w/new acct. PokerProphecy the ca

Maybe you're playing too many 47o hands ... you bastard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Up 20 SnG w/old acct. Down 20 SnG w/new acct. PokerProphecy the cause?

[ QUOTE ]

but how much of it could it be that players are looking up my names in pokerprophecy and giving ALOT more repect/fear for my old acct? And my new acct is viewed as a below avg player w/no respect? (It seems people are calling my bluffs more on my new acct.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered the possibility that the planets are aligned against you? Or perhaps you cashed out recently? I hear that causes people problems sometimes.

Given the mundanity and extensive explanatory power of the variance hypothesis, I see no reason to think that PokerProphecy has anything to do with it, unless you have some more evidence that you're not sharing with us.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm 6 tabling $55 now. my old acct has 4 tables, new acct has 2 tables. Played 100 SnGs on new acct so far.

old acct still doing 40% ITM, new acct has 25% ITM. yeah, could be variance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing's happening to me on Empire. 8tabling now and Party's always been the same whereas Empire is barely up after 250 or so games. Just taking horrible horrible 80/20, 75/25, etc type of beats over and over again. I'm just grinding them out trying to get on the better side of variance but it's real frustating to have that type of bad luck getting knocked out multiple tables at a time.

FWIW, I doubt Poker Prophecy's a big factor.