Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 02:18 PM

Default 3/6 AJo OOP, multiway, weak-ish draw. Turn play.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero ?

UTG (82/16/1.34 after 80 hands) is very loose and too passive for his own good preflop,
he's overaggressive postflop and will raise and often re-raise with any pair (atleast HU)
but he can be passive with draws. He also calls down very lightly.

MP (48/24/0.76 after 45 hands) is loose and aggressive preflop, he raises any hand he plays
first in but cold calls a lot if it's raised before him. He is weak-passive postflop and doesn't
go enough to showdown.

Button (48/5/0.81 after 74 hands) is a LP-P, he will bet his decent hands if checked
to tho, but he doesn't go too far with the worst of his hands.

What's Hero's turn play. And what's the plan for the following rivers:

J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Does any-one not 3-bet this preflop?

Hope I'm not asking too much.

Thanks in advance.

[edit]Changed jack of hearts to jack of diamonds, I meant an offsuit jack not to imply that party was rigged [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][/edit]
Old 09-24-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 3/6 AJo OOP, multiway, weak-ish draw. Turn play.

I wouldn't three-bet preflop unless I were suited. You said he's loose postflop, so there's not much point in three-betting this weak a hand. He's not folding to aggression often.

I think turn is a check/call depending on the action. You may hit a straight and still lose, but you may hit an ace or jack and win. The odds the pot are giving are pretty good.

Jack of spades, I'll call an aggressive player heads-up.
Jack of hearts is in your hand.
Ace of spades I check/call.
Ace of hearts I'll either bet or check/call.
2 of hearts (or any dud) I think is an easy check/fold.
Also add Ten of spades and ten non-spade.
I bet/call ten of spades.
I bet/3-bet non-spade ten. (Duh on three-bet)
Old 09-25-2005, 12:54 AM

Thanks a lot, good response.

I sort of knew after all those players called that i went overboard preflop. I need to lay off the preflop aggression w/ offsuit broadway in multiway pots.

I did actually check/decide, I was just wondering since the mantra is usually "if you're gonna call a bet it's better to bet yourself", but i guess that mostly applies HU. Also I didn't want UTG to raise because i would have to call and possibly show down A-high against him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP folds.

River: (11.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB

Hero has Jh Ac (straight, ace high).
Button has Kh Jd (one pair, kings).
Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 AM

I think I check fold any J, I bet fold any ace, and I check call the 2 of hearts.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:46 AM

correction, bet call the heart ace. also i check this turn.