Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 12:21 AM

Default TsJs - trouble on proper turn play...2/4

Full Tilt, 9 handed...
Got about 460 in front, and have the players in the hand covered. Dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP. Couple guys limp, I limp, couple more guys limp, and we all see a flop with around 5-6 people.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I lead for $22 with $26 already out there. I am called by the 2 guys to my left and the big blind, rest fold.

A little over 100 out there, the turn comes a J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

BB checks, this kind of felt like the crossroads in the hand. Guy just to my left had about 400 to start the hand, guy to his left only has 120 left, and BB started with about 400 also. After awhile I bet $79...
Guy to my left calls, LP folds, and BB moves in. Its 244 to call for me, which leaves me about 100 left, if I call the pot would be a hair over 800. Thoughts on turn play appreciated. Results to come...
Old 06-12-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: TsJs - trouble on proper turn play...2/4

I don't think you can bet this turn if you aren't willing to get committed on this card...hard to put either player on a straight. So that only leaves bottom set or a better two pair, you are ahead of any flush draw...I move in too and probably don't feel too bad about it.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:44 AM

Your turn bet was a big mistake, as you have a lot of outs and don't want to get shut out of the pot. After the BB moves in you are only getting a little over 2-1 on a call which isn't enough to hit a flush or full, especially as the nut flush draw or a set/better 2 pair might be behind you with another player in the pot.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM

I agree with your logic somewhat, and the turn bet is what I am most concerned about. Against the nut straight I have about 30% pot equity on the turn. And that was about the odds I was getting, 244:818 I think it was. So if you check the turn, and LP bets and BB still moves in then you lay down? curious, because then the pot odds may be even sweeter. I guess a better two pair feels like the biggest concern.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:08 AM

Can you really give these guys credit to call a potsized flop bet with AK, K9, 98 on a flush draw board? I don't think you are against a straight here unless you are playing with opponents who will call with gutshots...
Old 06-12-2005, 02:47 AM

How about the hand hero would dread most, the AKs? In any case, that turn bet was just begging for one of the other players to run him off the pot.