Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-28-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Bad Beat but funny

I am visiting my mom over Christmas and play an Amateur Poker League venue near her house. She doesn't play the game but knows enough to know what beats what and all that and I talk her into coming to the bar and playing.

In the 10pm tournament I'm at a table with 2 guys that are too drunk to bet without help. The blinds are 10/20 and they are betting around 1000 on the flop. Amazingly, one of the drunks is catching cards on the river and winning nearly every hand. You can't bluff or make plays because they are too drunk to fear the board and both are calling everything.

About 40 minutes into the tournament I get KK and raise the 50/100 blinds to 500 and both call me (I haven't played a single hand to this point). The flop comes Js, 9s, 2d. I lead out with 500, the first drunk calls, drunk 2 raises to 1000, and I go all in for 2980. Drunk 1 folds and drunk 2 calls. He shows Jh, 7h. The river is Jd and he beats me.

I could care less because I wasn't having fun at the table and was happy to leave. The funny thing is that my mom was done and met me at the table. The drunk guy who just busted me started hitting on my mom and grabbed her when she brushed him off. When I intervened he wanted to fight me. (I'm 6'4", weigh 350, and can bench 480. This guy is about 185). At this point, I dont mind busting the guy up and am about to do just that when his wife comes running over to protect him. We told her he was hitting on my mom and grabbed her and she beat the sh*t out of him. It ended with her kicking him in the nuts.

Who took the bad beat me or the drunk?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Bad Beat but funny

You did.

Poker is about winning by any means necessary. He used your mom to put you on tilt and then stack you. While you have a story he is swimming in your cash.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:10 AM

If you read it again, the hand was over when all this happened. I was leaving the table and my mom came by.
Also, The APL is a no money league so I didn't lose anything.

For Jinx, Mom is a 55 yr old woman with a build that you expect a 350 pound man to get his genes from. She probably could have kicked the drunk guy's ass.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 AM

I think the question is is your mom hot? If you can't tell you can post a picture and I'll decide.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you read it again...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is highly unlikely.

/mc
Old 12-28-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For Jinx, Mom is a 55 yr old woman with a build that you expect a 350 pound man to get his genes from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd she sounds hot.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We told her he was hitting on my mom and grabbed her and she beat the sh*t out of him. It ended with her kicking him in the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

U might have to post this in B&M for the nut kicking just for capone