Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-20-2005, 03:05 PM

Default End of Final Table Satellite to Stars $380 EPT Scandinavian Qualifier

Final 6. 4 get spots to the $380 qualifier. 5th gets $217. I put villan on Ax, AA or a low PP. Villan has played LAG earlier, but has slowed down the last couple orbits. Her big stack came from tripling up w/ jamming TT PF at start of final table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t12000 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t90206)
SB (t99574)
Hero (t41840)
UTG (t41348)
MP (t7472)
CO (t107060)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t12000, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t27000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t27000) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t29240 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t29240.

River: (t85480) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t85480

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Td Jd (one pair, kings).
Button has Jc Jh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: Button wins t85480.
So I vomited in my mouth when villan turned over JJ, but besides busting out before the microstack, I liked my move. I didn't think I was ahead of villan's range, but I thought I could get a fold enough for +EV, and if I took it down, i could easily fold into the prize.

Comments? </font>
Old 11-20-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: End of Final Table Satellite to Stars $380 EPT Scandinavian Qualifier

I would appreciate some comments. Specifically, was my OESD semi-bluff close to correct, and was Villan at all correct in calling the bet? The prize structure is obviously a factor. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: End of Final Table Satellite to Stars $380 EPT Scandinavian Qualif

I don't particularly like it. You're in sixth, top 5 pay, and microstack will be all-in in the blinds shortly. Also, you're up against one of the big stacks and have only a pot-sized stack, so you have no fold equity if big stack has any piece of that board. I'd check the turn, fold to a bet, with the plan of making my play by pushing preflop sometime in the next orbit (preferably when microstack is BB and the one other player you have covered is SB).

Of course, this advice is only because I don't think you have much fold equity and you will be ahead of nothing that calls you. If you had any pair, then I like the push.

-J.A.