Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Barry seems quite full of himself.

It's very correct.

From my original post in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean it as an insult, but ranking himself higher than Doyle Brunson in some categories is an insult to Doyle. When Barry wins 9 bracelets and 2 main event titles he can compare himself to Doyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, when I say cash games/tournament, I don't mean the best at both, I mean the best overall, hence the slash, and not the word "and", or some similar conjunction to it.

Secondly, any reasonable person reading my original post could infer that I was talking about tournaments exclusively, and not cash games.

Notice how I'm still refraining from insults, and yet you say that I am the one who should grow up.

Usually people who resort to ad hominems in a discussion are putting forth arguments that have no merit, so they must resort to petty personal attacks.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:27 PM

Default Re: to add...

It was not hijacked by me, and you could have made a better third post, in my... opinion. Joining a flame war in progress is not a great third post.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:27 PM

I wasn't originally trying to insult you, but I kind of wish I had.

I'm not embarassed at all. Not even a little bit.

I may not have contributed very much to this thread, but you didn't either. Now, if you want to be a better man, let's just end this and agree to disagree. I think your opinions are baseless and unclear. You don't think that.

That's OKAY. Life moves on.

What I don't need is someone accusing me of using tricks, being pathetic, and desperate.
These are all insults I do not take lightly.

And if YOU noticed, I did not use any insulting language with you until you first starting coming after me.
Lets keep it that way.

Hack, you are my hero and you are right about anything you have ever said.
EOMs
Old 12-15-2004, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, any reasonable person reading my original post could infer that I was talking about tournaments exclusively, and not cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not, but you didn't need to get all bent out of shape about it.

Just correct me, eh? I've already admitted it was just a confusing statement. There was no need to think I'm some sort of flamer or whatever, just because I happened to disagree with you.

I try to help people on these forums as much as I can... thanks.

At least two reasonable people were confused by your statement. I think it's fair to say your post could have benefited from a simple clarification.

But no.. you had to attack attack attack. I just don't understand why. I never tried to attack you, I was just giving my opinion. :: shrug ::

I give up. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 07:33 PM

Please show me insults that I have used against you. I don't recall using any.

You said that you weren't trying to insult me, but you kind of wish you had.

You just stated that you had insulted me, but that it was not intentional. Then you say you wish you had. You wish you had what? You wish you had intended to insult me instead of doing it unintentionally? You wish that you had made your insults better so as to maybe smear me and amuse yourself? What did you wish for?

I think you owe me an apology.

I have been nothing but nice and polite since joining this esteemed discussion forum(and my post history proves it), and what you have done today is hijack a discussion and resorted to petty personal attacks.

I do think that we will have to agree to disagree, because there can be no reasonable discussion with a man who quoted me out of context and refuses to apologize for it and post my actual quote.

The only thing I have said that could be construed as an insult is "pathetic", and I did not use that term to describe you, but rather used it as an adjective to describe your baseless attacks on me, turning this thread from a discussion about poker player rankings into a vicious flame war.

I had respect for you when you helped me out with poker questions in the micro limit forum. I'm sorry to say that I ahve no respect for you any more. I don't want your help anymore, and I'm sure you won't want to anyway, so please don't respond to my threads in the microlimit forum(I'll just ignore them if I do) because there are plenty of other posters there who are knowledgeable and can help me, without the rude attitude.

I'm disappointed in you, and, no, that's not meant as an insult. It's just the truth.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:35 PM

I've spent the past half an hour attempting to clarify it, and yet you continue to misquote me in multiple posts.

That's not what you want.

You want to malign me.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 PM

Your insults:
pathetic
trickery
embarassed
desperate

I kind of wish I had meant to insult you because you went on to insult me. That's what I was getting at.

Why should I apologize to someone who threw all those words at me like they mean nothing?
Why should I apologize to someone who fails to realize it was a simple misunderstanding and not a personal attack?
Why should I apologize to someone that gets all bent out of shape over something like this?
Why should I apologize to someone that claims they have no respect for me?
Why should I apologize to someone that was obviously offended by me disagreeing with them and took it personally?

It doesn't make sense...
I really don't understand what's up with you today, Hack, but rest assured, my posts were never meant to attack you just for the fun of it (or whatever).

For the record, I wasn't even angry until you accused me of using "trickery". Honestly, that wasn't the case. I was just quoting a statement of yours that I believed to be accurate. You could have calmly clarified your position to me, but no- you had to call me out and accuse me of trying to use trickery. That was completely uncalled for. It's not something I do. I reserve that for politicians and lawyers.

If you will lose respect for someone over something so incredibly meaningless, I don't feel like I've lost anything at all.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 PM

Oh, and the hormone driven wittle kid is going to be going out soon, so he will respond to your acidic posts later.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:45 PM

Trickery is what I believe it to be.

Pathetic was not to you, but to your posts, hence it cannot be a personal attack.

Embarrassed is what I believed you to be- also not an insult.

Desperate is also not an insult.

And nothing is up with me today. I'm as even tempered as I always am, and if you knew me you would know that. People can tell right away when I am mad, and I am not right now. It's more a mixture of disappointment and sadness, with no trace of anger.

I truly am disappointed in you, and in this forum a tiny bit, for believing that posts like this would be preferable to the hell that is rec.gambling.poker

I get tired of posting back and forth and wasting twoplustwo's bandwidth.

If you want to PM me your aim name or another name on an instant messaging service then perhaps we can hash this out and both be better off for it.

Hack
Old 12-15-2004, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not what you want.

You want to malign me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually,
the post you are responding to is the one where I was trying to back off and say that I was just really confused about the whole thing.

I don't want to malign you. In fact, this whole thing is just really odd to me. I don't get it. I don't understand why you had to take this so personally to begin with.

I've tried to be nice and have actually said that I must just not have understood your post. Again, it's still obvious I wasn't the only one who would have misinterpreted it.

Sigh.... I don't want to malign anyone. If you want to respond to my posts.. .that's fine. I won't be checking out this thread again.

If you want to communicate with me.. PM me and maybe we can settle this in a less public way without wasting all this thread space.

Last point I'm going to leave this thread with...
I was never trying to put you down for the fun of it or anything. It all started as a simple disagreement, and then it got personal. I wish it handn't, on BOTH sides.
That is all.