Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Limit Omaha and O/8

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the intention of this board was for LO8 and PLO8 was to be on the Pot Limit Omaha forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect, PLO8 is here.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the intention of this board was for LO8 and PLO8 was to be on the Pot Limit Omaha forum.

I almost always play limit though and I lurk around this board frequently. There are limit questions and hands posted, so I'm sure someone can answer your questions. I think new players should get a couple thousand hands in at limit before they dive into PLO8. I don't understand the need to jump into PLO8 games. Pot limit poker is the hardest form to play and the most punishing to poor players. Say that five times fast. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played some PLO, but not PLO8. I've played a decent amt. of O8 limit and always in live games, either 10/20 or 20/40 both with half kills. I've read Zee's book and Helmuth's section and this has been good enough to at least make me a winning player (Most of my opponents aren't good at all.) but I would like to become even better because I can see that there is a lot of money to be made in these games.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:34 PM

where is this game played? its not in El Centro california is it?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:39 PM

This is where the problem lies. I have chatted back and forth to Mat about how to change the names and/or descriptions of the two Omaha forums, to make it more clear where to put posts.

For right now, it seems as though the Limit Omaha 8, PLO8 and any tourney O8 belongs in this forum.

Limit Omaha High, PLO and any tourney Omaha high is being put in the PLO forum.

Until or unless Mat decides otherwise, guess that is the way we'll keep doing it.

Since LO8 seems to play in a pretty direct manner, most of the posts in this forum are PLO8. It's not that most of us are playing PL more than limit, it's just that most questions that arise are PL questions.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where is this game played? its not in El Centro california is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative
Old 08-19-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is where the problem lies. I have chatted back and forth to Mat about how to change the names and/or descriptions of the two Omaha forums, to make it more clear where to put posts.

For right now, it seems as though the Limit Omaha 8, PLO8 and any tourney O8 belongs in this forum.

Limit Omaha High, PLO and any tourney Omaha high is being put in the PLO forum.

Until or unless Mat decides otherwise, guess that is the way we'll keep doing it.

Since LO8 seems to play in a pretty direct manner, most of the posts in this forum are PLO8. It's not that most of us are playing PL more than limit, it's just that most questions that arise are PL questions.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks F.L. Hope you are doing well.