Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 PM

Default How much action? With context

Hand 1 against villain. He's directly to my right, about 53/15/1.6. So, laggy, but not the laggiest ever.

Hand 1:
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB

Results:
BB has 2d 4c (full house, tens full of twos).
Hero has 9d 9c (full house, tens full of nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.16 BB.

Okay, given how that hand went down, here's a hand that took place just a short time later against the same guy. Cap the turn? Raise the river? How much action should I be giving, given that I just owned his face and he should know better?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 12-29-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: How much action? With context

cap the turn or raise river. You have a great [censored] hand against a crappy player. I'm shocked that you didn't give more action. What did you put him on exactly?

Krishan
Old 12-29-2005, 11:28 PM

Well, I thought he was probably just overplaying the hell out of something, as before, but then I thought to myself: I just *crushed* this guy. What is he doing?

I began to fear the extremely unlikely AA.

FWIW, if I cap the turn, I am puking if he bets the river, I raise, then he 3bets.

Edit: Wait, you suggested cap the turn OR raise the river. Not cap the turn and raise the river. Or should I just say fck it and do both?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 PM

More action indeed. I dont' know what you could put him on, AK spades or something like that, maybe a set of fives or AA and he got lucky. I don't think it's right to play this scared. NH though.

JMB
Old 12-29-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I thought he was probably just overplaying the hell out of something, as before, but then I thought to myself: I just *crushed* this guy. What is he doing?

I began to fear the extremely unlikely AA.

FWIW, if I cap the turn, I am puking if he bets the river, I raise, then he 3bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you can always just call a river lead and win an extra bet than your crappy line. The problem is AA reraises preflop a LOT. And undersets do not. And there are more combinations of undersets than there are of AA. Also Aces up are quite likely because he'll put you on AK. All in all I'd be fine if all streets were capped with this hand and this opponent.

Krishan
Old 12-29-2005, 11:55 PM

I cap the turn and throw up if he leads the river. I still think I'd raise though. i just think this guy has to cap AA preflop.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:49 AM

Cap the turn, raise the river, call down a 3 bet IF not capping.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:58 AM

Cap turn. Raise and probably cap river. I havent seen many lags that wont 3 bet AA before the flop, and if you consider 55 and 22 to be as likely as AA youre still ahead 2/3 of the time.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:27 AM

I don't think the fact that you owned his ass in the prior hand has much bearing on this hand where you have a really sick hand. I suppose you posted this cause he had AA or AK? I have found myself in spots like this and have done the same as you did by calling the river and I think it's a mistake. I think if you are really scared of AA you could raise the river and call a 3-bet. As another poster said, if it was capped on all streets I would think that's pretty good.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:34 AM

I cap the turn and probably raise his river bet, he could be just tilting and may think that no way you can beat him twice in a row.