Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: The British guy with taped mouth - did he cash?

[ QUOTE ]
considered very bad ettiquite here in the UK. If

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything that is not considered bad eitquette in the UK? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was actually incredibly annoying to listen to while at the Rio.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Afraid not:

Database

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he'd have been a decent candidate for the Degree all in moment, what with the BO and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a Degree all in moment? Some sort of deodorant advertising campaign in the States? Honestly, no idea, I could see that fitting though.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Afraid not:

Database

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he'd have been a decent candidate for the Degree all in moment, what with the BO and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a Degree all in moment? Some sort of deodorant advertising campaign in the States? Honestly, no idea, I could see that fitting though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they take one of the allin hands and decide that's the Degree All-in moment, then go to commercials.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
considered very bad ettiquite here in the UK. If

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything that is not considered bad eitquette in the UK? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

proper dentistry is bad etiquette
Old 10-20-2005, 10:03 PM

he smelled so bad he had to change his shirt??!?!?

Wow.
What a jack-ass (not that I didn't think this already).

Seriously: if they can decide to have a 10-minute f-bomb penalty then can't they have other rules about general conduct?
Yes, it would be subjective.
But that's how it is in every sport.

If I go to the B&M and start standing on the chair and hooting and hollering the floor will simply toss me out.

Give warnings and then penalties for inappropriate behavior.

The floor and management doesn't just have to sit there and let him get away with it as if there is nothing they can do about it.

Just like my feelings with Tiffany Williamson and her delays....I only PARTLY blame the player for this situation.

The floor should know AHEAD of time that there will be idiots there who conduct themselves like idiots.
They should be prepared to take a stand.

Instead, it almost seems like their rules are "don't throw your cards at the dealer. don't drop the f-bomb. other than that....Enjoy your Anarchy!!"
Old 10-20-2005, 11:31 PM

Bob you make a real good point. That jerk was about five tables way from me during the last portion of day 3. It was horrible to see the ESPN camera's go running over to him every time he opened his mouth. 'Stosh
Old 10-20-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Shoot I missed this part. What happened? I missed about 10 minutes last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big highlight was not on TV, but I was standing about 8 feet away from Barry when it happened:

He was very short-stacked and moved all-in with A-K. Before he even got a caller, he was getting very excited, yelling for someone to call him (yelling in excitement, not in anger). When someone did, showing Q-J, Barry started yelling, "Come on baby! Come on baby!" as he prayed for his cards to hit.

When the flop showed K-9-x, he let out a huge cheer. But, now his opponent needed a 10 for a straight. Thus, the opponent said, "I need a ten."

Upon hearing this, Barry hollered, "F--- the ten! F--- the ten!"

Fortunately for him, the 10 never came, and the short-stack won. Unfortunately, there were three WSOP officials standing right there and he was assessed a TWENTY minute penalty before the hand even ended because he used the f-bomb twice.

After he was penalized, Barry appealed to the officials, saying that he should only be penalized for ten minutes because he used the word twice in one sentence. Additionally, he felt that he should be given a break because it was not on live television (it wasn't on taped television, either). The officials would not give him any concessions.

Making a last ditch effort to get his sentence reduced, he pleaded, "I'm a gentleman. I apologized for it. I came all the way across the Atlantic to play in this wonderful tournament and now I'm going to get blinded off."

His begging didn't work, and he went out into the hallway to serve his term.

And I must confirm what Fossilman heard - the dude smelled like hell.