Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: $2/$4 hand

I would check/call or possibly check/fold on 4th. 3 of 4 opponents have 2 card flushes with an over card. Even though almost all your cards are live it's a scary situation. Even if only 1 of the 3 potential flushes are actually there on 4th, you're still a dog to 3 opponents going to only to 6th street with this hand situation against this board. I'd have to know where the bet came from to determine if I'd call.

JMO - Knoll
Old 12-23-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: $2/$4 hand

A guiding principle for me in these games is that the players make many, many more calling errors than they do folding errors. So when I play fast on 3rd and 4th, which I often do as a semi-bluff, I only continue when I improve or think there's a decent chance I'm best. Otherwise, I abjectly give up and check fold, which is what you should have done on fifth here. The real money to be made in these games -- and they have never been juicier -- is simply by betting when you are best and getting called. Sometimes the pots get big and the other players get tricky and you are advised to call -- as my post the other day. But often it goes like this, pot not big, hand not improved, opponents not leaving, time to stop betting because now you don't want to get called.