Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 06-01-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: I\'ve Finally Lost My Mind

Final stats?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Final stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like ROI, ITM and stuff? Meh, not worth me trying to figure out...knowing them simply won't help me in any way.

I did post bankroll won/lost....even though I'd prefer to just not post anything about the results I had except I was able to successfully play 400 of them.

I actually was just talking with my boss at work about my weekend activities. She was like 'your eyes look a bit puffy, are you feeling ok or having bad allergies?' And so I related to her that I had to cut down on sleep in order to finish a personal quest that I was engaged in. So she asked about that and I explained to her that I basically played 50 hours of poker playing 8 hands at a time...she wouldn't stop laughing...she even called my apartmentmate into her office to inquire into whether it was true or not and if I ever left my room (her answer was...'maybe once, so he could go to the bathroom I think').

Perhaps she's going to pretend to fire me like the last time I came back from Vegas (after also being sick for a week)....[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 06-01-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Crucial $215 Hand

I'm just defending my post against andathar's better post.

Most of what I said was IF I was playing this hand. Unless I really wanted to make a move, which I think is probably a decent thing to do once or twice a game in a $215 (but what do I know about that?), I would check/fold it. Maybe the flop bet is small enough to call.

Had you checked the turn, the river would certainly be an easy fold, if he made anything but a tiny bet.

Do you think being in the $215 tilted you a little bit? I wouldn't be surprised if I were a little tilty at first.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think being in the $215 tilted you a little bit? I wouldn't be surprised if I were a little tilty at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilty? No...this was the only hand really that required any attention anyway. The only other one of consequence was when I had QQ and got allin vs. A9 and lost.

Did I enter the $215 b/c I was tilty? That's more likely but I think I'm just a pushover when TheUsher tells me to move up and/or 'take a shot' [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

I called on the river, btw....the hand wasn't played with any 'tilt'...although still could have been played very poorly by me. I was going off of what TheUsher's opinion of the opponent and hand was....I thought about the river bet for quite a while. I felt I was ahead enough of the time to call - it frankly seemed to large to be a value bet but not so large that my opponent couldn't then fold to a raise. If I had no hand, then pushing wasn't necessarily a bad idea, IMO. Turns out, to win the hand, I probably need to push the river anyway...altho I have no idea if this opponent was capable of then calling that push.

As far as playing or not playing the hand...I normally wouldn't play it. BUT, the read was that this opponent will limp/bet from the SB with a huge range. My t78 bet was supposed to be fishy....either garnering a call or fold. With either I figured I rated to be ahead with most rivers.

I'm pretty sure I posted this hoping Gigabet would see it, exclaim that I had potential to be a STT god, and invite me to Iowa for special training with him.

Oh well, guess it didn't work out according to plan, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 09-12-2005, 10:21 AM

i haven't read any of the responses just yet, but I think checking behind on the turn and calling a reasonable bet is good, even with the board pairing.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i haven't read any of the responses just yet, but I think checking behind on the turn and calling a reasonable bet is good, even with the board pairing.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this thread died over 3 months ago!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: STATS (sort of)

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up $670, $1105 with rakeback. Since TheUsher is fading half of my failed $215 attempt, it really is $1210 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get ready for a 10 OOTM streak today.

bahahahaha
Old 09-12-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a classic, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Sponger: Huh?! You do realize this thread is like a bajillion threads old, right?!

Oh.....and to anyone who is thinking about playing 400 STTs in 4 days who isn't a huge volume player....don't. It's stupid and I think I got worse at poker b/c of it and wanted to /nooselife.

Yugoslav
Old 09-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Default the good ol days

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a classic, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Sponger: Huh?! You do realize this thread is like a bajillion threads old, right?!

Oh.....and to anyone who is thinking about playing 400 STTs in 4 days who isn't a huge volume player....don't. It's stupid and I think I got worse at poker b/c of it and wanted to /nooselife.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh.. it really brings ya back..

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...;o=&fpart=

holla
Old 09-12-2005, 01:18 PM

This thread reminds me of the quote, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."