Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-17-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Samsung 213T: check signal cable

when i turned the monitor off, i got the above message. ive rebooted several times and checked all the connections. per samsung's site, when the computer is off, cable disconnected from cpu, i should get this message so they say the monitor is ok; the problem is video card, drivers, etc. i reinstalled the drivers.

i have an old 17" CRT and it works when connected to the port the 213T uses so im assuming its not the card.

what else can i check? please help as the CRT looks like crap next to the 2001fp. oh, the cpu and monitor are 5 months old.

TIA
Old 12-18-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Samsung 213T: check signal cable

It definitely does not sound like a problem with your computer or the video card since you can connect the old CRT....

I hope it's under warranty.
SamJack
Old 12-18-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Samsung 213T: check signal cable

You are correct in troubleshooting the card, as *A* monitor works. Be sure to mention that when talking to tech support.

Yay warranty?

- Check the pins on the video cable, are they bent? (VERY careful work with a penknife can fix this)

- Try another cable if it detaches from the monitor. Sucks to spend $50 shipping the monitor when the problem is an $8 cord.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:56 AM

Default follow up

i called tech support. the guy kinda thinks its the cable since another monitor works from that slot. the cable appears unique to samsung as it has 2 extra pins so i cant go to radio shack and get one. he couldnt find the part number so i need to call their supplier, get the part number, and he will mail me one. will update when needed.