Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 08-30-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Charity Tourney for Hurricane Victims?

[ QUOTE ]
i'll play and donate 100% of my winnings to the cause...just like I did for the tsunami.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Might Party be willing to do this?

Anybody know if Party or skins ever has done such a charity tournament?

I don't have an account at Stars and really feel no desire to open one, but I would not mind trying to contact Party Poker and set up a tournament if you peeps would be interested in playing an MTT there.

EDIT: I'll add that I have no contact person there, but I would be willing to try to get one through their customer support (I'm laughing inside now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 08-30-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hurricane Katrina is likely to be the worst storm in the USA in 30 years. The zoo and 2+2 have always stepped up in times like this and I don't expect this to be any different.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a charity tourney for the famine victicms in Niger ? The cash would do a 100 times more good there than in Louisiana. No disrespect to the hurricane victims intended.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
COUNT ME OUT!

PEOPLE DIE ALL THE TIME, I suppose I should be asking for a check when my uncle died of cancer last year [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we BITTER?

[/ QUOTE ]NO JUST STATING THE FACTS, if people gets killed in a hurricane, its their own damn fault, everyone knew it was coming

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I mean who can't just up and move? (Peace John Nickle had a real good post on this.) This whole compassion thing is overrated. Some Jews are going to get upset with me over this (especially my mom and dad), but why didn't they just leave the concentration camps? Did they think the gas chambers were for someone else? I mean they had to see it coming. I mean one day your father is alive and next day he is dead. Get the fck out?

BTW...I am down for the tourney. And if i win I am donating to the guy whose uncle died. BTW, didn't he know the cancer was going to kill him? He really should have gotten rid of it.

craig
Old 08-30-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hurricane Katrina is likely to be the worst storm in the USA in 30 years. The zoo and 2+2 have always stepped up in times like this and I don't expect this to be any different.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a charity tourney for the famine victicms in Niger ? The cash would do a 100 times more good there than in Louisiana. No disrespect to the hurricane victims intended.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is tons of tragedy in the world. But, I guess you have to pick your battles. Like, when I was younger I had friends that would go to huge protests in other states or even canada (like for WTO). I never understood why they didn't try to do things in their community.

I think if we do the charity event we need to make sure the money goes to an organization that will give most of the money to the victims. There are a lot of charities with big payrolls that don't help a lot, because the money doesn't go to the one's who need it.

craig
Old 08-30-2005, 07:14 AM

There's a huge difference between a bad storm in the USA (the world's wealthiest country) and a tsunamia which killed over 100000 people in some of the poorer countries in the world. Maybe you should ask your government to stop spending money meddling in international affairs and "really" help it's own people.

Clearly I am out.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some Jews are going to get upset with me over this

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah - you're damn right we are.

[ QUOTE ]
but why didn't they just leave the concentration camps?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe because 6 feet of barbed wire, machine guns and mined fields made it rather hard to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Did they think the gas chambers were for someone else? I mean they had to see it coming. I mean one day your father is alive and next day he is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, if you would learn a bit of history, you would know that the gas chambers were used on vitims brought in. Once they were "lucky enough" to actually get into the camps they had a chance to survive.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:30 AM

It's not your fault, his sarcasm sucks.

Mack
Old 08-30-2005, 09:16 AM

I apologize. I was taking to an extreme what I felt he was saying and thought it was obvious (especially since I mentioned my parents were jewish) that I was being very sarcastic. I guess I was just saying that things aren't easy or so black and white. I know the two situations were completely different, except for the doom.

craig
Old 08-30-2005, 09:21 AM

I agree, I think there are more worthy recipients of aid given the wealth of the USA.