Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Default NFL Season - 3 underrated teams

Teams that are currently underrated:

49ers: Going with Tim Rattay at starter. He can win games.

Buccanneers: Griese finally started to click at end of last season and I have faith in Gruden, who is a phenomenal coach. This team will win games.

Titans: They practically have nowhere to go but up. They have plenty of weapons and Jeff Fisher is coaching still, last I checked. Last year was an anomaly.

natedogg
Old 08-28-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: NFL Season - 3 underrated teams

Tampa and Tenn. I tend to agree. But the 49er's are putrid.
Do they have more than one or two starters that could start for any other team outside of Cleveland?

If Rattay is going to win games, he'll be doing it by himself - and he ain't no Michael Vick. Total I've seen is 4 1/2 - I don't think they'll make it.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:02 AM

agree with the titans... chow could end up being their most significant offseason move
Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 AM

The biggest offseason move going to an assistant coach? yeah thats pushing it
Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 AM

What do you guys think about this line at Pinnacle?

Total Regular Season Wins by: Tennessee Titans
Over 6.5 wins +107
Old 08-29-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
agree with the titans... chow could end up being their most significant offseason move

[/ QUOTE ]

nah I think the most important move is not losing how many million man-games to injury as they did last year
Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 AM

What about the patriots and eagles? Don't forget them
Old 08-29-2005, 01:46 PM

Why doesnt anyone ever mention the Chicago Bears when it comes to underrated teams?

They were one screwed up call (vs. lions) and one blocked fg ran back for a TD (also against lions the other game), from a 7-9 record. Granted tahts not a great record, but Minnesota made teh playoffs with an 8-8 record.

The Bears have argueably the best defense in the NFL. They were NOWHERE near healthy last year. Urlacher is a beast. People forget that he played 7 less games last year than Ray Lewis and still has more FFs, INTs, and sacks. The starting offense has given up one TD this preseason so far and is looking very good. They upgraded the offensive line, wide receiver position (muhammad and mark bradley look good), they have 2 of the top 6 running backs this preseason so far (thomas jones and adrian peterson) and they just signed bensen. Granted they have a rookie starting, but with a good defense and running game and a QB who doesnt throw the game away, they can win alot of games. Think of pitt from last year. Not to mention they have a very weak schedule this year.

Just curious why everyone overlooks them so much
Old 08-29-2005, 01:59 PM

I agree. They'll be getting high single or low double digit points throughout the year.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesnt anyone ever mention the Chicago Bears when it comes to underrated teams?

They were one screwed up call (vs. lions) and one blocked fg ran back for a TD (also against lions the other game), from a 7-9 record. Granted tahts not a great record, but Minnesota made teh playoffs with an 8-8 record.

The Bears have argueably the best defense in the NFL. They were NOWHERE near healthy last year. Urlacher is a beast. People forget that he played 7 less games last year than Ray Lewis and still has more FFs, INTs, and sacks. The starting offense has given up one TD this preseason so far and is looking very good. They upgraded the offensive line, wide receiver position (muhammad and mark bradley look good), they have 2 of the top 6 running backs this preseason so far (thomas jones and adrian peterson) and they just signed bensen. Granted they have a rookie starting, but with a good defense and running game and a QB who doesnt throw the game away, they can win alot of games. Think of pitt from last year. Not to mention they have a very weak schedule this year.

Just curious why everyone overlooks them so much

[/ QUOTE ]

because all teams I follow are cursed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mostly the QB situation I imagine. Too bad they didn't take Derrick Johnson from TX and make the most disgusting defense ever.